61

In the darkness, there was nothing but silence.

Sui Xian stretched out his consciousness and realized that there were no creatures around. He gathered spiritual energy into his eyes but still could not clearly see their surroundings.

He thought for a moment and decided to deal with Little Yan Jin’s issues first.

This time, he sealed the spirit pellet meticulously. Once finished, he left behind a strand of spiritual power in Little Yan Jin’s body as a means of protecting him should he meet with danger.

This entire time, Little Yan Jin still hadn’t awakened, but his breathing became much slower and more steady.

Sui Xian picked him up, put his arms around his neck, grabbed his sword, and carefully discerned which direction to take.

However, he couldn’t recognize anything. The darkness was thick and dense enough to blind people’s perception. As a result, Sui Xian could only vaguely pinpoint the direction he'd came from and tried to walk back little by little.

But, he had no idea where they were. After walking for half an hour, he still couldn’t see even a bit of light and still hadn’t found a way out.

The little hand wrapped around Sui Xian’s neck shifted slightly, indicating that Yan Jin had woken up.

When Sui Xian noticed, he said, “A’jin?”

Little Yan Jin’s breath quietly. But, after a short while, he let out a nasally sound.

Sui Xian felt the arms around his neck tightened. Then, there was a weight on his shoulder; Yan Jin had laid his head on his shoulder.

A slight wetness penetrated the thin clothing.

Sui Xian silently sighed. He sheathed his sword, patted Little Yan Jin’s back, and asked softly, “Is your body uncomfortable?”

Little Yan Jin responded vaguely.

Sui Xian asked, "Then why are you crying?"

Little Yan Jin whispered his words, his voice helpless with despair. “Sui Xian Gege, when I...when I was very young, someone stopped by my village and divined that I was a calamity. The villagers were afraid that I would bring disaster to them and so they drove me away…”

He choked and said, “I'm always involving you. You can throw me away. I don't want to hurt you any more …”

Pursing his lips, Sui Xian stopped and put him down.

They couldn’t see each other’s face in the dark, but Sui Xian half-squatted, fumbling for Little Yan Jin’s face, and then gently wiped his tears away. He said in a serious voice, “Little child, if you think too much, then you’ll become bald. Our A’jin is very good and is definitely not a calamity. You haven’t harmed me either. Don’t speak anymore about throwing you away. I definitely won’t throw you away.”

“But…”

“A’jin, do you remember what I’d said before about going to Qingyun Sect? Actually, my master stopped accepting new disciples a long time ago so maybe he won’t accept you as a disciple…” He sensed that the little guy’s breathing had become choked and so he began to talk faster. “But, I can still accept you! I’m still a little young but it seems like you wouldn’t mind. If it’s okay, you can worship me as a master.”

Startled, Little Yan Jin’s breathing got even lighter. He hesitated for a moment before confirming, “Sui Xian Gege is asking...to be my master?”

“Yes. Although, we normally don't receive any disciples who don't have experience or haven't been tested, it doesn’t matter. The people in our division are very good…”