27

In the silent room, the two people stood incredibly close to each other.

Shen Zhixian was in a completely oppressed position, like a cat forced into a corner with nowhere to escape.

And could only be bullied.

Shen Zhixian considered his combat ability and then evaluated Yan Jin's. The conclusion was terrifying. Therefore, he could only use softness to conquer strength. Before going out, he’d asked Fourth Elder to seal many of his spiritual acupoints. This would ensure that his heart affliction would not suddenly break out.

At this moment, he was nothing more than a flower vase. Aside from his sword and his brain, he had not an ounce of spiritual force within him.

Yan Jin gazed at him intently, carefully scrutinizing his face with heated eyes.

Shen Zhixian was not afraid that Yan Jin would recognize him. He’d deliberately used all kinds of methods to carefully disguise himself, ensuring that even people with higher abilities than Yan Jin would not be able to recognize him. Therefore, he didn’t believe for a moment that Yan Jin would be able to recognize him

So then, what was Yan Jin being so intense about?

The vague thought quickly flashed through his mind before he, once again, turned his attention to his awkward position. He was not a good, young lady and Yan Jin was not an overbearing bully, so why were their bodies in this kind of position?!

He twisted his wrist, trying to free himself. This time, Yan Jin relaxed his grip slightly, though he didn’t let go. But, at least he lowered their hands so that Shen Zhixian’s hand was no longer pressed to the door.

Shen Zhixian cleared his throat. Just to be on the safe side, he even changed the silky texture of his clear and cold voice into something that leaned more toward fresh and clean. “You…”

"You ..."

They both spoke at the same time. Shen Zhixian paused and raised his chin slightly to indicate that the other party should speak first.

Yan Jin didn’t decline. When he spoke, his voice was tight and rough, as if he hadn’t drank water for three days. Bit by bit, his words became very clear. “You...In the end, who are you?”

“Huh?” Shen Zhixian stared blankly, unable to understand.

He dared to guarantee that Yan Jin had not recognized him. After all, his appearance, name, and voice were all very well disguised. Furthermore, if Yan Jin recognized him as his master, then he surely wouldn’t have responded this way.

Not hearing a response, Yan Jin stepped closer so that his hot chest was nearly pressed against Shen Zhixian. The heat of his breath brushed across Shen Zhixian’s cheek as he said, “--Sui Xian?”

“Ai!” Shen Zhixia responded subconsciously. Afterward, he felt the powerful grip on his wrist tighten. His regained his senses and a hint of doubt rose from within his heart. Yan Jin...was reacting to this name?

Yan Jin knew this name?

It didn’t make sense. The name was only used by the original teenage Shen Zhixian when he went out to practice. At that time, Yan Jin should still be small and had not yet joined the sect. Shen Zhixian combed through the original’s memory but was unable to find any memories relating to any prior meeting between the original Shen Zhixian and little Yan Jin.

In Qingyun Sect, aside from his master, no one knew the name Sui Xian, not even Song Ming. Therefore, there was no way Yan Jin would have known this name.

Shen Zhixian’s thoughts took a few quick turns, and he finally determined that Yan Jin must have met someone with the same name in the past. So, he let go of the matter in his heart and smiled, saying, “I haven’t done anything bad. Why don’t we sit down and talk?”