63

After the silence was restored, Si Fei looked at the flowers scattered everywhere. His smile faded, and he sighed.

Only when the bald monk hiding in the shadows saw Shen Zhixian disappear did he dare to walk out, his face showing a look of shock. “I saw him put the sword to your neck and was afraid that, if his hand shook, you would…”

Si Fei spread his hands indifferently. “If I could die like that, that would be all the better.”

The bald monk remembered something, touched his bald head, and stopped talking.

Si Fei felt that the atmosphere had suddenly become serious. He tilted his head and looked at the bald monk with a relaxed smile. "Shen Zhixian is not like Yan Jin, who would initiate a crazy attack, as if he wouldn't even recognize his own relatives. He won’t kill me. Don’t worry...You should worry more about that person in the wasteland.”

He waved his hand and the pile of flowers displayed an image.

Inside the image, the light was dim and the barren field was faintly visible, displaying the wreckage of demon beasts and fiends scattered everywhere. The area was thick with devil qi. A person had his back to them. His body exuded oppressive, murderous energy as he slashed his sword, cutting the attacking demons into pieces.

—It was Yan Jin.

He was too fierce. Except for some irrational little demons who came forward to die, the bigger demons were somewhat hesitant to engage him.

These demons were not completely stupid. The more powerful the demons, the more they knew how to keep their lives. As long as Yan Jin stayed there, killing as many demons as possible with fierce means, he would become more and more powerful and would quickly rise through the ranks.

Several demons and fiends in the wasteland looked at each other, then bowed their heads unwillingly before him and made a gesture of surrender.

Yan Jin didn't have the slightest expression on his face, only showing a look of indifference and savagery. He declined to react as demons swore allegiance to him left and right. As if sensing that someone was peeping at him, he turned sharply and looked right at them, his blood-red eyes heavy with oppression. It was as if he could see them and would make a move at any moment to attack the bald monk and Si Fei.

He carried his sword, the blood on it still dripping. His body was thick with devil qi.

The bald monk shivered. Although he knew that Yan Jin couldn’t see them, he subconsciously hid behind Si Fei. Carefully popping his head out to look , he said, “Oh, don’t look at me, don’t look at me. This bald monk is very timid. So scary...Why did Yan Jin look so terrifying after he turned into a devil? More fierce than the last time I saw him…”

He rubbed his hands nervously and said worriedly, “There’s no second strain of Soul Tracing Grass--What’s that?!”

Because he was so shocked, his voice was a bit sharp. He looked in surprise as Yan Jin suddenly raised his hand, and a ray of green light spread out on his palm.

It turned into a small grass bud.

The grass bud bounded in his palm. It was difficult to hear what it was saying, but the heavy oppression in Yan Jin’s eyes actually dissipated. The murderous aura, which was thick enough to be tangible, also slightly lessened. He flipped his wrist and the small grass bud burrowed into his sleeve.

The flowers landed, and the image disappeared.

The shock on the bald monk's face still remained: “Soul Tracing Grass? Why did Yan Jin have another Soul Tracing Grass?”