76

“I, I…” Duan Yuan stuttered, but even after stuttering for a long time, nothing came out.

He really wanted to say, “If Senior Brother can come here, then why can’t I?” But, when he met Lian Qin’s eyes, Duan Yuan became terrified. “I just randomly walked in, no, carefully came in…”

Lian Qin seemed to want to hit him with the guqin. But, in the end, he held back. His usually calm voice was filled with anger as he said, “How many times have I told you to weigh your abilities and act accordingly. Don’t be rash and do anything risky…”

Lian Qin couldn’t imagine what would have happened if they hadn’t come in today. If even the tear demon could trap Duan Yuan, then he feared that, in the end, no one would even know that Duan Yuan’s bones laid here!

He shouldn’t have allowed him to go out and gain experience alone!

“I know, I know. I’ve grown up. I know it myself.” Duan Yuan muttered quietly, “Master was rest assured enough to let me leave…”

Lian Qin realized that he’d spoken the last half of his heart. He pursed his lips, seemed as if he wanted to say something, then paused again. After a while, he said softly, “Forget it. Just follow along.”

He apologized a bit to Shen Zhixian and the others. “My unruly junior brother was confused and entered the secret realm. Please excuse him.”

Xue Ci naturally laughed and said, “No harm.” Afterward, he brought out a few pieces of medicinal pellets and handed them to Duan Yuan for his eyes.

Duan Yuan hung his xun at his waist and happily thanked him. He took the pellets, crushed them, and applied the powder on his eyelids. The medicine from Yao Sect was naturally high quality, and the medicine’s effect was extremely fast. The moment he put it on, he felt a cooling sensation and his discomforts began ease by a lot. It was just a little itchy.

Duan Yuan wanted to rub his eyes but Lian Qin came over and shoved the guqin into his arms.

Duan Yuan was caught off guard. He hurriedly hugged the guqin, but before he could speak, he felt warm fingers gently pressing against his eyelids. Lian Qin’s cold voice sounded, “Close your eyes.”

“Mmn.” Duan Yuan didn't dare rebel against Lian Qin’s words. He closed his eyes obediently and slightly tilted up his head for Lian Qin to rub his eyes for him.

Gentle spiritual power passed from Lian Qin’s fingertips, rubbing into the skin.

The cold feeling dissipated, replaced by a slight heat. He didn't know if it was because of the drug’s effect or if it was due to the temperature of Lian Qin’s fingertips.

Since everyone was waiting, Lian Qin didn’t rub for too long. Seeing that the swelling was almost gone, he retracted his hand.

Duan Yuan blinked and whispered, “Thank you, Senior Brother.”

Lian Qin didn’t respond to him. He merely took the guqin back and coldly turned his head away.

Duan Yuan seemed to be accustomed to Lian Qin’s indifferent attitude toward him. He merely walked obediently. Shen Zhixian was next to him and took the opportunity to quietly look him over.

The youth they’d met two to three years ago had now grown into a sturdy young man. But, his true temperament hadn’t changed much and his eyes were still bright and clear. It seemed that he’d practice well in these past few years.

Duan Yuan noticed Shen Zhixian’s gaze and turned his head to look at him, revealing a slightly shy grin.

He didn’t recognize Shen Zhixian. But looking at Shen Zhixian, he couldn’t help but think of Sui Xian, whom he’d happened to meet a long time ago.