13

Since the sword training fiasco, Shen Zhixian felt as if he’d completely broken the pot and damaged his image in front of Yan Jin. Ever since then, he was too lazy to rebuild it.

Anyway, now that such an embarrassing thing had already been seen by Yan Jin, what good would it do to continue the act?

Pretending was also tiring. Shen Zhixian rolled up the comforter as he calmly thought it over. In the end, he could only rely on his inner beauty to become a good teacher and gain his disciple’s recognition.

Therefore, soon after the waist straining incident, Yan Jin would often bump into Shen Zhixian in different kinds of scenes. Shen Zhixian eating a fish and choking on a fishbone. Shen Zhixian lazing around in bed and then starting fights with Xiao Caoya. Shen Zhixian practicing his swordplay, only to become absentminded and drop his sword, nearly chopping Xiao Caoya bald. Soon after, one human and one grass bud would once again started squabbling irritably on the spot. And so on and so forth.  

Yan Jin, "..."

Yan Jin’s mood was very complicated.

Was this really the Shen Zhixian he knew? Maybe he really was possessed...

Meanwhile, Shen Zhixian was surprised to find that the result of loosing his image was immensely rewarding. He would have never thought that after trying so hard, he wasn't able to soften the person even half a point. But, because of his pile of mischief, the same person’s mindset finally became shaken.

Although he wouldn’t be able to clear up the previous misunderstanding, at least the attitude toward him became more placid. The master and disciple could even casually chat now and then.

Shen Zhixian was very pleased, hardly able to believe that this policy of appeasement would actually work. He’d even squandered so much money and didn’t even come close to this result. Anyway, years ago, the former sect leader had given him jurisdiction over a set of lands that was very large and very wealthy. More so than Song Ming.

Song Ming must be furious.   

Because, in today’s morning meeting, Song Ming even took the initiative to secretly signal for the stewards to hint that Shen Zhixian give up supervision of these lands and hand the entirety of the commission to the sect.   

All the elders knew how much revenue had already been intercepted halfway for the sect.
Shen Zhixian calmly listened, and then his brows furrowed and he clasped one hand to his weak heart, his eyelashes trembling. Quickly after, he sighed and began to talk about missing his master, the former sect leader.  

Since transmigrating, in addition to working hard on Yan Jin, he also spent a lot of time on establishing good relationships with several elders. After all, it’s difficult to walk alone. Better to hold a few thighs to live!  

Except for him, who became the fifth elder, the other four elders were the former sect leader’s fellow disciples. They were all Shen Zhixian’s senior martial uncles. While the first two elders adhere more strictly to their duties, Shen Zhixian’s relationships with the rest were quite good.   

So, every time, Zhen Zhixian clutched at his chest, the third and fourth elders would immediately come together to harmonize and set up a stage to perform.

With “Aiya, you can’t have an accident”, with “If you have an accident, how can we face Old Wen later?”, or “Maintaining your body’s health is very important for cultivation. Is your peak’s spirit stones not enough? Uncle Shi will give you some…”

After one round of harmonizing, Fourth Elder seriously said to the stewards, “Your Elder Shen has a special physical condition and needs a lot of spirit stones to support it. I noticed that the sect has a large number of spirit stones in storage and so you must find ways to help him. You can never be harsh with Old Wen’s only personal disciple.”