29

Shen Zhixian asked the youth to add another pair of chopsticks. Duan Yuan thanked him generously and sat down.

Oh, what good manners.

For the sake of his disciple, Shen Zhixian deliberately made discreet inquiries into her background. As a result, he ignored the meal in front of him until he had a good general understanding of Duan Yuan’s background.

Duan Yuan was a disciple of Qianyin Pavilion. As the personal disciple of the Third Chamber Master, her status was quite senior. This year, she’d turned twenty years old and, accordingly, had to say goodbye to her master and leave the sect to gain experience.

Duan Yuan’s lips curved. Shen Zhixian had clean and outstanding features, and he looked quite harmless. His style of speech was also very humorous. Her vigilance couldn’t help but drop a bit more. “This is my first time practicing out alone…”

She’d gone out with her sisters several times to other distant places, but those experiences…Forget it. It was best not to mention them.

Qianyin Pavilion required their female disciples who’d turned twenty years old to descend the mountain to gain practical experience. In truth, she wasn’t actually twenty years old yet. She was only seventeen this year. However, she’d been tall since she was a child and misreported her age. Luckily, no one noticed.
Shen Zhixian’s heart was at ease, and he began to talk freely about the subject of gaining experience. He relied on his experience before transmigrating and utilized the bit of memory that belonged to the original Shen Zhixian to talk about the situation in theory. Then, he listened to Duan Yuan before responding. Their conversation went back and forth like this for a while.

“...That’s all there is to it. Although it can’t be considered thrilling, it can also be quite interesting.” After successfully using the original’s memory to impress Duan Yuan into exclaiming in admiration, Shen Zhixian lowered his head with a smile and picked up a green cabbage piece to put in his mouth.

As Duan Yuan listened to Shen Zhixian discuss these matters, her attitude changed drastically. She subconsciouslly shifted her position so that she leaned closer to him. “I really admire people like big brother. Free and easy and unrestrained, with knowledge of the Jianghu. I want to be such a person too.”

Yan Jin noticed her small movements and raised his eyes to glance at her.

Duan Yuan didn’t notice and her eyes continued to glow with envy. She whispered to Shen Zhixian, “The master always asked our female disciples to be dignify and graceful. We mustn’t laugh out loud or do rough things…” Her voice gradually trailed off. When she next spoke, she sounded a bit lost. “I’m afraid I can never be as easygoing as big brother.”

As Shen Zhixian listened, his eyebrows rose. So, it turned out that he hadn’t imagined it. The girl’s gentle and dignified demeanor was only superficial. Instead, she had the lofty ambition to break into the Jianghu!

This was not good. With A’jin’s taciturn nature, he needed a tender and understanding flower at his side to accompany him and help relieve him of his worries. If this disciple daughter-in-law’s heart was too hot-blooded, wanting to jump into the Jianghu, then she would likely neglect A’jin.

Shen Zhixian swallowed the food in his mouth, set aside his chopsticks, and began to persuade her. “You’re already very good like this. Gentle, sweet tempered, and charming. Young Lady Duan, let me take the liberty to say most men in this world would prefer you like this.”

Because he was racking his brain in an attempt to guide Duan Yuan toward the right temperament, he didn’t notice that, when he said this last sentence, Duan Yuan and Yan Jin both displayed a strange look.