11

As Shen Zhixian had guessed, the Hidden Sword Pavilion affair was put to rest despite the lack of an outcome.

Yan Jin still carried the blame, and even Shen Zhixian was criticized by the sect’s disciples.

Song Ming knew this and intentionally condoned it.

Shen Zhixian had repeatedly refuted him in front of others and refused to give him face. Song Ming could do nothing but pretend to tolerate him while swallowing a bellyful of fire. Even if this situation was unable shake Shen Zhixian from his perch, at least Song Ming could also gain some small satisfaction from it.

The little disciples became more active in their discussions, and all kinds of strange gossips and rumors came to life.

“Recently, Elder Shen seemed to be very fond of Senior Brother Yan Jin.”

“I also heard that Elder Shen personally moved him to the summit of his peak, and now he’s living next to Elder Shen’s house.”

“How did Senior Brother Yan Jin manage to succeed in soaring up to the sky?”

These ordinary disciples were unable to directly call Shen Zhixian their master. As a result, they could only pretend to be friendly to Senior Brother Yan Jin while gossiping about all kinds of things about him behind his back.

“Now that I think about it, it’s been a while since Senior Brother Yan Shen went up to the summit.”

“Elder Shen avoided his daily greetings and hadn’t instructed him in swordsmanship in a long time now.”

"Ah? Is it like that? I'll just say ... "

"Okay, lower your voice. Senior Brother Yan Shen might be nearby. "

Someone soared up, and someone was trampled. In this world, this kind of thing happened all the time. Why else would these young disciples flatter Yan Shen in the past? Now, they had to switch target and try to earn Yan Jin’s goodwill.

Yan Shen was hidden behind the shadow of a tree, watching as these disciples walked by, gossiping, until they disappeared. His face was as dark as the bottom of a pot, his cheerful temperament of the past completely gone. The hand on the tree’s trunk pressed down hard, leaving behind clear fingerprints on the rough bark.

Yan Jin!

He grinded his teeth back and forth, his dark mood expanding bit by bit, like poisonous mushrooms growing in a secret corner.  

After an unknown amount of time, he flicked his sleeves and headed in a certain direction without looking back.

It was not the way back to his house, nor to the training field, nor to any place his should go.

......

Shen Zhixian, who was the subject of all kinds of discussions, was very calm. He didn’t care about the gossips about himself. He was more worried about whether Yan Jin would mind it.

As a result, Shen Zhixian began to try to coax a certain person.

However, Yan Jin was extremely guarded against him. Every time he appeared, the young man’s whole body would instantly tense up and his spirit would tighten, as if it were a string that was being stretched to the extreme and would snap with a single touch.

Shen Zhixian felt that his position in Yan Jin’s heart was probably not as good as that of the rebellious grass bud.

At least that grass bud only had to pester Yan Jin several times before it finally got permission to swing freely on his sleeve.