41

Shen Zhixian's first thought was to pretend nothing had happened, and his second thought was that he was really bad for not apologizing after doing this bad thing.

...Even though it was unintentional.

He looked at Yan Jin's expression and ultimately decided to swallow back his apology..... He sensed that if he spoke, something disastrous would happen.

He pretended to arbitrarily take a step back—without seeming like he was retreating. Yan Jin's hands tightened around his waist, and Shen Zhixian said helplessly: "A’jin, loosen your hands."

Yan Jin looked at him quietly, and his hands slightly loosened. Just slightly, with his hands still clasped around Shen Zhixian’s waist.

Shen Zhixian felt quite uncomfortable being looked at like this and opened his mouth to speak But he suddenly noticed the faint haze of red in Yan Jin’s eyes. As soon as Shen Zhixian saw this, his heart tightened. He instinctively grasped Yan Jin’s wrist, thinking to check his body before he realized that he had no spiritual power.

Shen Zhixian’s action was hard to cover up. Yan Jin understood and the redness in his eyes deepened. He whispered, “If I enter the devil’s path, will Sui Xian hate me?”

After reading so many books, Shen Zhixian instinctively knew that when a person asked such a question, he was not far from entering the devil’s path.

Shen Zhixian was a little stunned. In the original book, was this how Yan Jin became a devil cultivator?

As he absorbed this knowledge, he forgot to respond for a moment. Yan Jin saw that he was quiet, and his heart gradually sank, from scalding hot to ice cold, and his whole body couldn't help but shake.

Just when Yan Jin was almost unable to bear it, Shen Zhixian regained his senses, and said with a casual expression, "Immortal cultivation and devil cultivation are just different ways of study. In essence, there is no real difference between the two, so why hate it?"

He reached out to pat Yan Jin's hand, but he realized that he still had the flower branch and ended up handing it over to Yan Jin instead. He got out of the situation and went to the front to see the child hiding behind a tree.

Yan Jin’s empty hand suddenly held a flower branch. Stunned, he looked down at the single flower, which trembled with half its petals gone. He didn’t know what to think, but in the end, he just turned his wrist, putting the flower branch away.

He stepped forward toward Shen Zhixian, who was not far away and was squatting halfway down to communicate with the child.

The illusion was shattered, and the three souls and seven mortal bodies that had been dismantled now spontaneously gathered together and reunited as one person. But, because his soul had been scattered for too long, he couldn't merge well, and the whole person looked faded.

"Little Ten?" Shen Zhixian called.

The child nodded timidly, with a little expectation in his eyes. "You, did you see Yuyu?"

"Where is Yuyu?" Shen Zhixian asked in a gentle voice.

"Yuyu, Yuyu ..." Little Ten thought hard for a moment, then hesitated and turned in a certain direction, "Yuyu is in it ... I can't get in ..."

As he said this, his voice was full of sorrow. His body began to flicker. “Yuyu...Yuyu isn’t happy? Can Yuyu laugh?” His eyes gradually turned dull. “I’ll play hide and see for Yuyu...Make Yuyu laugh…”

Shen Zhixian followed his gaze, watching as the fog spread out and a barrier gradually emerged.

Little Ten staggered toward the barrier and tried to pass through but was bounced back. For a second, his soul scattered, becoming disorganized.