60

Once these accidents started, it was endless.

First, when they passed through a small town, Little Yan Jin was falsely accused of killing a child.

A child was accidentally knocked down to the ground during a fight. He hit his head against a stone and died due to exsanguination. The child who was the culprit was afraid of being scolded by the adults and randomly blamed Little Yan Jin.

They’d tried to argue, but no one was willing to listen to them. The people in this town were narrow-minded and insular. They were paranoid and thought that this was a curse caused by visiting outsiders like Little Yan Jin.

During the scuffle that ensued, Little Yan Jin was protected by Sui Xian and was therefore unharmed. But, after they’d succeeded in leaving town, he saw the conspicuous bruises on the back of Sui Xian’s hands.

Little Yan Jin couldn’t help but clench his hands into fists. Usually, he wouldn’t be sad even when he’d suffered grievances. But, he couldn’t bear this, and his eyes became a little red.

Sui Xian saw his face and thought that he was injured. Worried, he asked, “Where are you uncomfortable?”

Little Yan Jin shook his head and said in a small voice, “I’m sorry…”

Sui Xian was surprised. After thinking about what had happened to himself, he felt amused. He came over and took the little guy’s hand, casually saying, “You mustn’t blame yourself for other people’s faults. You didn’t do anything wrong. Why should you apologize?”

Little Yan Jin hesitated for a moment. He understood the truth in Sui Xian’s words, but this time, the person who’d been wronged was Sui Xian...The curse that he was a calamity had followed him since he far back as he could remember. This thorn, which had been hidden for a long time, suddenly burst out and pierced him fiercely.

“Sui Xian Gege, I…” He hesitated for a long time, wanting to confess everything. But, in the end, he hesitated again. He was very afraid that once Sui Xian knew of his ominous life, he would also hate him and abandon him.

Sui Xian was the first person to show him kindness. Little Yan Jin was very reluctant for Sui Xian to leave and take away his warmth. It would be too unbearable if he had to return to that previous icy world.

Looking at Sui Xian's doubtful eyes, Little Yan Jin swallowed and shook his head. He tightened his grip on Sui Xian’s sleeve. “I, I'm just afraid.”

Sui Xian didn’t doubt him. He pulled away with a smile and, after walking, he finally said, “There is nothing to be afraid of. I’m here…”

Just wait for a little while, just a little while more, Little Yan Jin thought. Just enough for him to remember for the rest of his life

This little incident caused Little Yan Jin to undergo many internal struggles. In this way, “a little while more” gradually stretched on longer and longer.

Sui Xian’s temperament was very good and, as a youth, he was easy-going and unrestrained. Although he could see through many things, he could also occasionally be very high-spirited. Whenever he went to an interesting place, he would take Little Yan Jin along so that they could play and look at the noisy sights together.

Little Yan Jin felt that he was like a bright moonlight, penetrating all the darkness and gently enveloping him in warmth.

He became deeply engrossed in such tenderness.

However, a sudden sharp blade once again brutally cut through all this happiness.

It was Little Yan Jin’s first encounter with a fiend. The ugly, filthy fiend’s face was malicious as it swallowed up a weak demon with unbridled, enthusiastic hunger. The sounds it made was enough to make one's hair stand on end.