3

The ice rock pierced the back of his hand, causing Shen Zhixian to draw in a breath, hissing. However, it didn't matter because this unlucky youth was already so heavily injured and surely couldn't withstand another wound.

He helped Yan Jin up, shook off the bunch of blood beading from his own wound, and pursed his lips. He couldn't help sighing that he would hurt his hand before even succeeding in helping Yan Jin.

However, he couldn't care less about himself. After all, the young man was moving too much, tearing open the wounds deep enough to expose the bones on his back. As a result, scarlet blood poured out.

"Don't move...Hey, your wound will reopen!"

Yan Jin's mood was not stable. He looked at Shen Zhixian defensively and vigilantly, his eyes fierce and cruel with cold hatred.

This was strange.

It was because he was worried that Yan Jin would be angry that he rushed up to see him. At this point in the plot, Yan Jin should be a normal, ordinary person. How could there already be such deep-seated hatred?

As this vague thought crossed his mind, Shen Zhixian used one hand to hug the youth who struggled to push him away and used the other hand to open the jade bottle cap. Then, he tipped the medicine into the youth's mouth.

In the end, Yan Jin suffered from severe injuries and lost too much blood. He had also been frozen for so long and lacked the strength to break free. As a result, he was forced to swallow a few medicinal pellets and elixir. They melted into his mouth, running like warm currents down his throat, and warmth gradually filled his chest and limbs. He froze, his struggles ceasing.

The man in front of Yan Jin looked slightly blurry, his appearance seemingly good-natured. But, Yan Jin knew that this was only an illusion. Even if this person turned to ashes, he could still recognize his breath!

He was Yan Jin's good master! The good master who severed his spirit root!

Yan Jin gritted his teeth and pushed down his hatred.

No.

He couldn't reveal any flaws yet.

At this time, Shen Zhixian was much stronger than him. If he rashly angered him, he was sure that the torture would come early.

Yan Jin propped his hands in the snow where the other person couldn't see and tightly fisted them, leaving bloody crescent wounds where his nails had gouged into his palms. He gasped, lowered his head slightly, suppressed his hatred, and hoarsely said, "Master."

The memory of his spirit root being broken made his body tremble with pain. He let out a cold breath and told himself over and over again.

He was alive.

He came back to life.

After Shen Zhixian cut off his spirit root inch by inch, he was...reborn.

He was familiar with this scene. After the Hidden Sword Pavilion incident, he received three lashes and went to the Cliff of Reflection. After reflecting for a whole month, his spirit root had frostbite, and he almost died before Shen Zhixian finally allowed him down the cliff.

After going down the mountain, he thought that he could breathe at last. Who knew that Shen Zhixian would soon stand in front of him and indifferently severed his spirit root?

Deeply in pain, he had fainted, and when he woke up again, Yan Shen was once again looking down at him meaningfully and telling him with a slight smile that Master ordered him to go to the Cliff of Reflection.