68

Yan Jin was an extremely tough person.

When he was a child, no matter the number of times and ways he’d been bullied, no matter how alone or frightened he’d felt when he woke up and found himself face to face with countless demons and monsters, he never once collapsed.

But, everything fell apart when Song Ming laid at his feet in a pool of blood and told him the truth.

At that time, Qingyun Sect had already been squandered by Song Ming into an empty shell, allowing Yan Jin to destroy the entire sect with barely any efforts. In the end, the last one dying and struggling at his feet was Song Ming.

Song Ming felt Yan Jin’s killing intent, and he couldn’t help but shiver. Blood oozed out of his wounds. He looked both pitiful and ridiculous in his helplessness and in his inability to escape.Therefore, he could only cower vulnerably in front of Yan Jin.

But, he was not reconciled.

He looked at Yan Jin. Fear, pain, hatred, and unwillingness intermixed inside him, making his expression look extremely malevolent. He smiled strangely, but this smile revealed a hint of taunting. He let out a bloody cough, which splatter to the ground as he rasped, “Yan Jin, do you remember who you killed?”

Yan Jin didn't answer. He gazed intently at Song Yan, his eyes full of condescension, as if he was looking at a worthless ant. Aside from that, there were no emotions at all in those red eyes.

After becoming a devil cultivator, Yan Jin’s hands were stained with too much blood. There were demons and devils and fiends. And there were immortal cultivators. He’d killed countless things. If there’s anyone he ought to remember, it should be…

His master.

The one who’d directly caused him to be this way.

The master who’d severed his spirit root and ruined all his hopes.

—No, that person was not worthy of being his master! His master shouldn’t be like this!

Yan Jin's eyes deepened. When he was brought back by Song Ming from the edge of the wasteland, Yan Jin was infected by too much devil qi. For a long time, his memories were chaotic and full of holes. It wasn’t until later, when he became a devil cultivator, that he gradually recovered his memory and remembered that person who’d embraced and protected him.

Sui Xian.

Where did he go? Why did he disappear?

Yan Jin had searched for so long in so many places and asked so many people, but he still couldn’t find him anywhere. Where did he go?

The last time he saw Sui Xian was in the wasteland so, if he lived in the wasteland, maybe one day he’ll be able to see Sui Xian again.

“I’m afraid you don’t know that Shen Zhixian once put on a disguise and went out to gain practical experience. When he came back, his life was gone—Oh, it can’t be counted as being dead. After all, a half-devil only seized his body. At any rate, it allowed him to live a few more years.”

“There was some news that you’ve been looking for someone in recent years. You didn’t realize the connection between Sui Xian and Shen Zhixian. Hahaha—“

A sword ray flashed. Song Ming issued a sharp scream. He covered his shoulder that was dripping blood with one hand and rolled on the ground in pain. His severed arm landed nearby and was eaten by a cloud of black qi until only the bones remained.

Yan Jin's eyes nearly dripped with blood. He held his sword so tightly that his hand was shaking. A cold, killing intent rose from within him, nearly breaking Song Ming into icy shards. “What did you say?”