35

When Yan Jin looked over at that moment, Shen Zhixian's heart tightened. His footsteps immediately paused.

The slender young man held a sword in his hand as he turned indifferently. When he saw it was Shen Zhixian, his expression slightly eased and he said, "Master."

This "master" was said very naturally, with no difference from the past. Shen Zhixian settled down and took a step toward him. Then, he began to slowly walk over, saying, "You have also entered the secret realm..."

He stared at Yan Jin closely, without any expression on his face. But Yan Jin was the same as usual. Except for the fact that his eyes were a bloody red, he was no different.

Seeing Shen Zhixian come over, Yan Jin slid his sword back into its sheath. A pair of clear and red eyes shifted over and he softly asked, "Master is not injured?"

"No." Shen Zhixian's gaze dropped to Yan Jin's bloody hand, and he paused. "What's wrong with your hand?"

He held Yan Jin's wrist very naturally and looked at the wound on his palm.
In order to clear his head, Yan Jin had cut a wound that was fairly deep. The entire palm was covered in blood. At this time, the blood had almost congealed, looking quite pitiful.

Shen Zhixian frowned and pulled a handkerchief from inside his breast pocket, intending to patch the wound up for Yan Jin.

Just as he was about to use the handkerchief to wipe away the blood, Yan Jin's wrist jerked to block Shen Zhixian's movements. He pulled his hand away and said, "It was only accidentally cut. A minor injury. Master needn't worry."

Shen Zhixian's eyebrows tightened, and he said disapprovingly, "Such a big wound, how can anyone manage?"

Yan Jin shook his head slightly, dropped his hand to his side, and slightly raised the finger of his other hand toward the distance. "It's not important. Master, this place is strange. Let's go over there and take a look."

Shen Zhixian looked at him for a moment without moving. Finally, he said, "Does A'Jin mind me concealing my identity? It wasn't originally my intention. When I saw you that day, I just suddenly thought of it."

Yan Jin tilted his head to look at him. His expression was serious as he assumed the differential posture that a disciple would have toward his master. "Master can do whatever he wants."

Shen Zhixian's eyes narrowed slightly.

After a while, he turned around and walked in the opposite direction that Yan Jin was pointing at, saying, "I saw some interesting things when I came from back there. It's good that you're here. Let's go take a look together."

He didn't bother waiting for Yan Jin to respond. After taking a few steps, he heard Yan Jin following-not too far nor too close, just following a few steps behind.

Shen Zhixian squeezed a jade pendant in his hand and continued walking calmly.

Although he was going back the same way, it ended up being different from when he came.

The dense fog gradually dissipated, revealing the usual mountain forest filled with flowers, grasses, trees and stones, mud-covered roads, and even quite a few fuzzy footprints, which looked like human footprints.

Shen Zhixian put down his vigilance a little, thinking that these people would not be difficult to deal with.

As soon as he thought this, he heard faint, noisy voices coming from a distance.

Shen Zhixian couldn't help but quicken his pace. He only walked a short distance before the woods suddenly dropped away and he came upon a clearing. Not far away, six to seven young people were squatting on the roadside, busy digging in the mud and joking loudly.