73

By the time Shen Zhixian got to Xuanji Tower the next day, he was still angry.

The person who was able to put out his fire had instead ran away with his pants on. Even though he’d resolved Shen Zhixian’s situation a bit before he ran, Shen Zhixian was still not fully satisfied. He recalled a word he’d heard in modern times, and couldn't help but curse him in his heart.

Yan Jin, this troublesome person! What was he up to?

Next time Shen Zhixian saw him, he won’t allow him to touch even a finger!

The smile on his face was calm and gentle as usual, but if those who knew him well were to see him at this moment, they would notice that he was gritting his teeth.

Xuanji Tower’s master was called Wu Xuan. He and Shen Zhixian were not too familiar with each other, but after many years of studying the path of profound knowledge, he was more attentive and sharper than the normal person. He felt that Shen Zhixian was acting a bit unusual and asked tentatively, “Sect Leader Shen, what’s wrong?”

Shen Zhixian smiled and shook his head. “It’s nothing big. It’s just that on the way here yesterday, I met a very fierce wolf cub. But, after taking a bite, it ran away.”

Wu Xuan let out a sound of understanding, but didn’t continue to ask. Instead, he went to greet other people.

The atmosphere of this small gathering was much more serious than the last one. With his expression somewhat grave, Wu Xuan drew the divination hexagram in front of everyone. “The sect standard practice is not to calculate more than one hexagram unnecessarily. This hexagram was originally calculated a few days ago and it would be inconvenient to calculate a new one. Everyone, please take a look at the result.”

After explaining the hexagram’s image to these laymen, he sighed and said, “A really terrible conclusion. It looks like the outcome won’t be favorable and so this trip will be very dangerous.”

“No matter how difficult it is, as the old seniors, we should protect the juniors,” the Yao Sect Leader, Xue Ci, said in a smooth voice. He stroked his chin and said with a chuckle, “We Yao Sect aren’t much but we do have a lot of medicines. Whoever needs it, don’t hesitate to ask.”

The remaining participants, including Shen Zhixian, all expressed their opinions. Although Wu Xuan’s calculations indicated that there will be great dangers, none of them were deterred.

After all, this was related to the safety of the entire cultivation realm. They all filled leading positions at their respective sect and would never shrank away their duty. Like this, the matter was resolved.

The demons and monsters that had escaped did not disperse, and after being hunted down for a time, they'd learned to unit and work together.

Based on the information from various sects, a location was finally identified as the most likely hideout for these creatures.

After much consideration, everyone decided that it was best to lay a siege on these demons and monsters. Even if they could not exterminate these creatures in full, they could still temporarily seal the place.

If too many people participated, the demons and monsters might be alarmed. After a lot of discussions, it was decided that the people present today should take the lead and then arrange for the disciples to follow up later.

Almost all sect leaders were present, most of whom could be considered as old foxes. The only difference was Qianyin Pavilion, who sent a young senior disciple named Lian Qin. He was more or less about the same age as Shen Zhixian, and he carried a guqin across his chest. In front of his seniors, he was neither servile nor overbearing but was rather refined and courteous.