62

One after another, various memories tumbled like a tide through Shen Zhixian’s head, sweeping up the long-forgotten past. It made him muddle-headed, made him feel as if he’d come back to life.

In fact, that feeling was true.

As he dragged himself back from the memory of the illusion, he was distracted and despondent. After a long time, he suddenly pulled his sword and lashed out. The sword qi swept across a cluster of flowers, breaking numerous flowerheads and sending them scattering all over.

Shen Zhixian gasped for breath and gradually calmed down. From his mind emerged the thought of the “original owner.” Really, truly absurd.

He’d always thought that he was an outsider who’d transmigrated into a book. But, this turned out to be false!

He was the true person!

On the edge of that strange sea, Sect Leader Wen rescued him but also ended up taking away the half-devil soul that was attached to the bones.

At that time, he was seriously injured. He was struggling on the edge of death and had only a breath left. Halfway to Qingyun Sect, that half-devil seized his body.

Meanwhile, Frost Return’s sword spirit was affected by his master, and it was also greatly injured in battle with the wicked dragon. It fell into a deep sleep. And thus, the truth was hidden.

Working in concert with Fourth Elder, Sect Leader Wen tried his best and used countless elixirs before he was finally able to barely save the person. But, Sect Leader Wen wasn’t happy for long.

After the half-devil won his body, it was unable to fully integrate with Sui Xian’s memories. It only vaguely knew the little bit of recent memory but didn’t know much about Sui Xian’s past.

It was half-human and half-devil and had a very humble identity. It belonged to a miscellaneous class that was neither recognized by demons nor accepted by humans. The mind of these types of beings, who’d struggled as a bottomfeeder all their lives, was easily twisted.

In a moment of inattention, the half-devil’s body was swallowed by the wicked dragon. It only had a trace of residual soul left. It was unreconciled and unwilling to leave. After working so hard to claim such an excellent body, it was naturally unwilling to lose it.

In order not to expose itself to Sect Leader Wen and the others, the half-devil pretended that it was too seriously injured and had lost its memories. For a while, it was able to deceive everyone.

It was just that this body was Sui Xian’s. Sui Xian’s talent was not just due to his spirit root. The half-devil was just a mediocre half-devil. It barely managed to act as Sui Xian and so it wasn’t too surprising that Sect Leader Wen would perceive that something was wrong.

This was the first time Sect Leader Wen encountered such a situation. He was unable to thoroughly understand it. He wanted to probe the matter out, but the half-devil was wearing Sui Xian’s body and so he didn’t dare recklessly instigate it. Because of this, his hands were tied, and there was nothing he could do.

The half-devil was very excited at first. It had finally found a good body and would no longer be ashamed of its status. But, it soon turned out that, because of the wicked dragon’s claw, the body’s heart veins were too damaged. Even Sect Leader Wen and Fourth Elder could not heal it. This body could no longer grow in cultivation.

The half-devil was unwilling and tried multiple times, only to receive a backlash that resulted in a heart attack that nearly pushed it to its death. This body could no longer cultivate normally.

Someone else in the sect began to feel that something was wrong. In order not to alarm the half-devil, Sect Leader Wen could only blame the heart ailment.