34

For a moment the world was silent. The hustle and bustle surrounding them receded like a tide, and the flow of people blurred like an illusion. It seemed that only Yan Jin was real.

His word "Master" echoed in Shen Zhixian's ears.

Shen Zhixian thought wryly, what about his disguise? What about his big disguise?

Countless thoughts tumbled chaotically in his mind, but only one thought remained in the end.

It would be better to give Yan Jin amnesia on the spot.

After acting as Sui Xian, Shen Zhixian still had no choice but to return as Yan Jin's master. He calmly removed Yan Jin's hand from his wrist and shoved his folding fan into Yan Jin's hand. After taking a deep breath, he sincerely said, "Actually, I..."

--A sudden change emerged.

Perhaps, it was that no one paid attention, or that no one cared. The secret realm was stagnant, but the white fog spread out, scattering everywhere. A trail of mist silently curled around Shen Zhixian's ankle and quickly climbed up along his hem.

The moment Shen Zhixian's word "I" fell, he felt cold all over his body. All of a sudden, the white fog rapidly unfurled out and then swallowed him completely!

This happened in the blink of an eye. Yan Jin's expression changed. He immediately reached out to catch Shen Zhixian, but his arms went through emptiness. There was nothing there. The fog seemed to be conscious, hiding from Yan Jin's hand and quickly retreating.

Yan Jin pulled his sword out. Afraid that Shen Zhixian was still caught somewhere in the fog, he dared not split the fog directly. He could only cut a section off from the rest, temporarily blocking it from further retreat.

An extremely deep sword mark split the ground, still emitting the icy chill of Yan Jin's sword intent. The fog fragment was scared witless. After a moment, it reared back and burst into countless tiny strands of mist, which then quickly drifted away.

Shen Zhixian, just like those who'd successfully entered the secret realm, had completely disappeared in front of everyone.

This pair of master and disciple had originally stood quite far from the entrance to the secret realm. As a result, this huge movement immediately attracted the public's attention.

Some people were uncertain about the nature of the fog and feared that they wouldn't be able to avoid it. Others wanted to enter the secret realm. Thus, when they saw the fog drifting toward them, they were unafraid and wanted to be swallowed up by the fog. It was too bad that, to avoid the approaching cultivators, the fog quickly melted back to its source.

With deeply furrowed brows, Yan Jin strode to the place where everyone was trying to enter the secret realm. There was also a fog there, quietly waiting for the next cultivator. But, sensing Yan Jin's presence, it suddenly grew frightened and immediately surged back in panic. Like the fog that had swallowed Shen Zhixian earlier, it hurriedly floated back toward the secret realm.

Yan Jin's expression was cold and severe as he raised his ice sword and ruthlessly used his sword ray to trap the fog in place, peeling it down like a radish into a small, tight dumpling.

"Where is that person?" Yan Jin's raised his sword, the tip slanted toward the ground. His voice was cold enough to freeze the small fog dumpling into fragments of ice.

The fog pretended to be stupid and remained stiff and motionless.

Yan Jin was extremely worried about Shen Zhixian's safety. Not wanting to waste any more time with words, he lowered his eyes and raised the sword.