39

The small pond suddenly became a deep ocean.

Yan Jin's barrier held back the sea water, allowing them to easily look around. There were everything around, large and small schools of fish, and gorgeous coral groups. Shen Zhixian absentmindedly and indistinctly thought that he’d somehow entered an aquarium.

There was a path on the bottom of the sea, meandering into the distance. They walked forward cautiously, and after half an hour, the path disappeared on thin sand.

This was...the shore?

Stepping on the soft and fine sand, Shen Zhixian couldn't help turning back to look at the sea. The pale blue sea was quiet and sparkling under the sun. No one could see that there was such a path at the bottom of the sea.

"I found you!" A slightly childish shout came out of nowhere. Shen Zhixian immediately pulled back his concentration. In the next moment, his eyes widened and, without hesitation, he ducked back behind Yan Jin—This scene, he seemed to have encountered it before.

A seven- or eight-year-old boy quickened his feet and rushed forward. But as he was just about to pull on Yan Jin’s clothes, he froze when he noticed Yan Jin’s cold eyes.

"Found, found..." The boy's voice became smaller and smaller. He tilted his head and looked at Yan Jin carefully. The more he looked, the more confused he became. A faint disappointment appeared in his eyes. "Ah, not Little Nine."

Shen Zhixian leaned out from behind Yan Jin and looked at the little guy. The little boy hesitated and asked, "Have you seen Little Nine?"

At the same time, Shen Zhixian also hesitantly asked, "Where is this?"

Three people looked at each other. Looking at me, looking at you, no one could answer anyone.

After a while, the little boy asked timidly, "So, then ... have you seen Little Eight, Little Seven, Little Six..."

He counted it in a string, from nine to one, and as Shen Zhixian listened, his head spun in circles. Who broke this kid’s brain?

The little boy was still staring at him. Because he felt Yan Jin's indifference and standoffishness, he subconsciously ignored him and asked Shen Zhixian instead.

However, Shen Zhixuan retreated behind Yan Jin again. The little boy took a careful peek at Yan Jin, and then he carefully moved two steps sideways until he stood in front of Shen Zhixian again, staring intently.

Shen Zhixian was helpless. He had a headache the moment he saw the child, and he subconsciously clutched Yan Jin's sleeve as he asked, "These people you asked about, are they all children?"

The little boy nodded happily when he saw him answer. "Uh-huh! My name is Little Ten, and I'm going to find Little Nine, Little Eight, Little Seven….All of them!”

Shen Zhixian thought for a while and tried harder to question him. "But we just got here. We don't know what this place is yet. Can you tell us where this is? If you tell us, we'll find your friends for you. "

He thought he’d spoken very gently and kindly, but Little Ten stared at him for a while. Then, he opened his small mouth and mechanically repeated. "Did you see Little Nine, Little Eight, Little Seven, Little Six… Where are they?" He mumbled, "We’re playing hide and seek, but I can't find them."

Little Ten’s expression gradually became confused, as if he’d encountered a big problem. He frowned, murmured for a while, and just like when he came, he spread his feet and ran away.

Shen Zhixian quietly breathed a sigh of relief. He saw some houses not far away and said, "Let’s go there and see if there’s an adult."

"Mnn." The sand was dense so Shen Zhixian carefully walked with one step at a time. Yan Jin took Shen Zhixian’s hand and walked forward steadily. He casually asked, "Sui Xian, do you dislike children?"