42

Yuyu finally returned to the sea. After he left, the waves receded quickly. The stone on which he had sat suddenly dissipated into smoke, exposing an ice coffin half-submerged in water.

The coffin was almost transparent. Shen Zhixian saw the coffin at a glance and watched blankly as the two items inside changed into two glimmers of light and submerged into the sea water.

The ice coffin shattered with a sound. The whole secret realm trembled and thin slivers of cracks began to appear. Yan Jin grabbed Shen Zhixian's waist and, without hesitation, jumped toward the shattering ice coffin.

Shen Zhixian closed his eyes subconsciously, and in the next moment, a cold sensation swept across his body, just like when he’d came. When he opened his eyes, he found that they’d returned to Xin City.

In the past, after this secret realm swallowed people, it would silently drift away. However, in recent years, it’d been lacking in devil qi, causing it to become more and more desperate. This time there were a lot of people who were swallowed.

The secret realm had remained closed after Yan Jin forced it open. However, there were still many cultivators who didn’t want to leave and would wander around outside every day. At this time, when the secret realm suddenly spit out many people and disappeared, they were all stunned.

After a few moments, those people immediately approached the people who’d came out of the secret realm to ask about the situation inside.

Yan Jin's aura was too cold, and his body language was full of rejections. No one dared to come over, preventing them from being besieged.

After only a month in the secret realm, Shen Zhixian looked at the lively scene in front of him and felt as if a long time had passed.

The timeflow within the illusion about Yuyu and Little Ten was different. A few years inside the illusion was just the blink of an eye to the outside world. When Shen Zhixian was inside the illusion, he’d “lived” for many years.

"Big Brother Sui! Big Brother Yan!" Not far away, Duan Yuan waved at them while running quickly toward them. After having been separated from them for a while, she noticed the intimacy between them and half-jokingly said, “Big Brother Sui is finally here? You must be really concerned about Big Brother Yan.”

Shen Zhixian was silent for a moment. Then, he tentatively asked, “We haven’t met in the secret realm?”

Duan Yuan immediately shook her head. "No. These days, I’d been alone—I only saw the man who did big brother’s divination that day."

She remembered the divination hexagram and asked curiously, "The man said that Big Brother Sui will get his wish on this trip. What did the big brother encounter?"

Shen Zhixian was silent for a moment, hypothesizing that the secret realm must have confused everyone's memories before it dissipated. He sighed silently, thinking of the fish scale, and nodded slightly. "Let's just forget it."

Since he didn't continue, Duan Yuan knew he didn't want to talk about it. She didn’t ask anymore and just said in a relaxed manner, "After staying in the secret realm for a long time, I need to find a place to take a good rest."

Xin City was full of cultivators so Shen Zhixian didn’t want to go stay there. It was just too noisy and crowded. Since it was still early, they simply went to a nearby town.

On the way, they exchanged itineraries, and Duan Yuan was regretful that they would soon part ways.

"I found a spirit fruit in the secret realm. This spirit fruit must be eaten with another spirit fruit to be effective… Unfortunately, this spirit fruit is far away." Duan Yan sighed. "I will continue to go south.”