56

For the first time, Shen Zhixian felt deeply that Yan Jin was full of small secrets.

He was certain that since he’d transmigrated, he’d never set a restriction on Yan Jin and there was no memory within this body that indicated the original Shen Zhixian had done so either.

Shen Zhixian was silent, and an absurd idea quietly materialized—he and Yan Jin, maybe they’d known each other before they became a pair of master and disciple.

Maybe, long ago, in those vague memories, they...No, it should be the original owner, who’d met or intersected with Yan Jin in some way.

Shen Zhixian’s heart felt stuffy, brimming with a very unhappy emotion.

He couldn’t help but remember that “very good person” that Yan Jin had once mentioned.

Shen Zhixian wasn’t a person who liked to indulge in the past, nor did he like to hold grudges over other people’s past. So, all this while, he’d been telling himself not to become too caught up in Yan Jin’s old matters. All he knew was that Yan Jin had a difficult childhood, and so he was all the more resolved to treat him well in the future, determined to make him happy.

But now, he felt as if a small thorn had sneaked up in his heart, making him feel more than a little uncomfortable.

He realized that he might be a little bit jealous. He and Yan Jin had just formally established a relationship, and yet, he’d already tasted the sour taste of vinegar mixed with a few big lemons.

Due to Yan Shen’s detonation, the surrounding area had the fishy odor unique to fiends. The smell was disgusting. Shen Zhixian retracted his eyes and pretended to relax, saying, “It smells bad here. Let’s change places.”

Yan Jin quietly said, “Mmn.”

They didn’t deliberate over the direction and randomly chose a path to walk. After walking for a while, they reached a short hill.

At the highest point on the hill, Shen Zhixian sat down cross-legged. “Let’s stop here.”

The night was particularly pleasant. The moon was bright, the stars twinkled, and a small breeze shook the grassy hillside.

Yan Jin silently sat down beside Shen Zhixian.

Shen Zhixian said, “Actually, I really wanted to sit by a cliff like this when I was in Qingyun Sect.” He smiled softly and lightly said, “Unfortunately, whenever I looked down at the bottomless cliff side, I was scared enough to cry. I also didn’t dare to call you, fearing I would lose the dignity of a master.”

Yan Jin pursed his lips. In fact, in the past few years, as the only disciple who could freely go in and out of Shen Zhixian’s fifth peak, he had long been accustomed to witnessing Shen Zhixian's various laziness. Something like a master’s dignity had long ago…

He didn’t dare to tell the truth and only said, "If master wants, later..."

I will accompany you when we return to Qingyun Sect.

He paused, not speaking out the second half. There was a bitter apprehension in his heart.

In the future... Will there be a future?

It seemed as if Yan Jin hadn’t called the name Sui Xian in a while, as if fearing that by saying this name, Shen Zhixian would remember something. Shen Zhixian blinked, as if he wasn’t aware of Yan Jin’s anxiety, and said his next words in a casual tone, “Okay. Accompany me later.”

Yan Jin’s eyes brightened, and his spine straightened ever so slightly.

Shen Zhixian lowered his head a little and looked at the small flower beside him. He asked softly, “Have we ever met before you came to Qingyun Sect?”