16

Even though Yan Jin's ascension to the next rank was expected, it still caught them off guard.

In the middle of the night, Shen Zhixian was jolted awake by a fierce, spiritual fluctuation. He hurriedly threw on a robe and took the spirit pill to knock on Yan Jin’s door.

There were 13 cultivation stages in this world. The sixth stage was a small watershed stage, which mainly tests whether the practitioner's state of mind was stable enough to continue cultivating. Only by rising to the sixth level can it be said that Yan Jin had successfully stepped into the world of cultivation.

Although Shen Zhixian felt that it should be fairly easy for Yan Jin to advance to the next level, especially with his qualifications and mentality, he still asked the elder for a panacea just in case. It turned out that this decision was a sound one.

After knocking for a while, there was still no response at the door. Shen Zhixian became concerned and pushed directly into the room. As a result, he was nearly hit by a spiritual energy that flung at him like a high-speed flying knife.

He quickly avoided it, and when he saw Yan Jin’s situation, he couldn’t help but drew in a breath.

Yan Jin was probably asleep when he suddenly realized that he was about to advance. As a result, he was only wearing his inner robe. Currently, the situation didn’t look too good. He sat cross-legged on his bed, his body trembling slightly.

Shen Zhixian approached and saw that his face was alternating between blue and white, with cold sweat beading on his forehead. Shen Zhixian frowned slightly, afraid to disturb him. He could only sit on the side and protect him.

Every soul has seven emotions and six desires.

If all these emotions and desires became too much, the person will become obsessed, held in thrall by the demons of his mind. This was why the sixth level became the threshold of cultivation that screened people with unstable dispositions.

The surrounding spiritual energy began to fluctuate more and more violently. The thick energy surged toward Yan Jin, who could not resist and had no choice but to accommodate it. As he did so, his face gradually turned red.

Shen Zhixian was anxious, realizing that this was not good. With Yan Jin’s current state, the size of the spiritual sea in his body wouldn't be able to accommodate so much spiritual energy all at once.

Without thinking about it, he raised his hand and held Yan Jin’s wrist. Disregarding Fourth Elder’s repeated orders not to use his spiritual force, he mobilized his spiritual force to block the surging spiritual energy and any other external distractions.

It seemed as if the spiritual energy in the entire peak had gathered here. Shen Zhixian gasped for breath, his heart gradually filled with agony. But, he dared not stop. If he did, Yan Jin would be swallowed completely and torn to shreds by these violent spiritual energy.

Shen Zhixian’s vision began to darken as his spiritual force collided with the spiritual energy. Meanwhile, Yan Jin’s body was incapable of holding so much energy, and the forced expansion brought him unbearable pain.

“Master!” Yan Jin suddenly said, his voice full of suffering. He seemed to be enduring great pain, and his voice shook as he pleaded, “Please let your disciple...please…”

Shen Zhixian was shocked by the sudden noise. When he looked up, he was surprised to find himself enveloped by overwhelming darkness. All kinds of sounds instantly filled his ears, loud and chaotic.

Yan Jin’s mood fluctuated so much that it affected the surrounding spiritual energy, thus drawing Shen Zhixian’s consciousness into his mental dreamscape.