78

The ice wall was packed with dense carvings.

Shen Zhixian saw at a glance that the carvings were really grotesque.

There were all kinds of strange, indescribable shapes… The carvings could be considered creatures and were all packed onto the ice wall with almost no gaps between them. Shen Zhixian wondered if it was his imagination or if those things were actually…

Moving.

Although the movements were slow, they were really moving. It was like they’d been asleep for many years and were just waking up and stretching their bodies. As if, they were waiting for the moment Shen Zhixian and company relaxed before breaking out of the ice to bury them.

Xue Ci’s expression was bad. “I think I know where this is.”

Shen Zhixian shot a sideway gance at him.

Xue Ci said, “I read an old record once. In that record, it said that thousands of years ago… probably even long before the wasteland was sealed, there was a carving genius…”

He was born incomparably hideous. His parents thought that they’d given birth to a calamitous star and wanted to abandon him. But, in the end, they couldn’t bear it to do so and kept him.

The reason why he was called a genius was because he had skills so great that others couldn’t even compare.

When the child was about five years old, he took a small dagger and carved a horse on a stone.

This, itself, was already very strange. There was no one at home or nearby who could carve. Where could he have learned it from? What was even more shocking was that his stone horse came to life. It ran around with the child in the village before finally turning into light smoke and returning back to the stone.

“The village was full of ordinary people. When they saw this scene, they were too scared to leave their house. The next day, they gathered together, wanting to burn the child alive, thinking that he was a demon and, if kept alive, might release more demons to come and kill them.”

Xue Ci sighed. “The villagers were too ignorant.”

This scene was actually very familiar. In remote and lonely villages, who knew how many of these types of incident had happened?

When Yan Jin was a child, hadn’t he suffered such grievances?

With a sigh, Shen Zhixian continued to listen to Xue Ci.

“The villagers wanted to burn the child alive, and his parents naturally refused. The villagers were very angry. In the middle of the night, they gathered together, and while the child and his family were sleeping, the villagers set their house on fire.”

The child’s parents tried to help him escape, but they were killed by the fire. The child was in shock for a long time. Suddenly, he went mad, rushed into the kitchen that was still on fire, and grabbed the kitchen knife and the whetstone.

The villagers wanted them to die, but they didn’t guard their house so they didn’t realize that the child was still alive.

The still living child had fire in his eyes. He held a knife and a whetstone in his hands and his heart was full of hate. He carved several fierce beasts, such as tigers and wolves, on the whetstone. Then, he set his hands calmly and used the knife carve in the eyes.

The finishing touch.

The picture was finalized.

The beasts came to life.

The beasts roared and painted the whole village with blood.

Later, the child grew up and became more and more reclusive. He wondered everywhere, with his knife and stone as his only companion. By chance, he also began to cultivate.