47

Shen Zhixian didn’t know if it was because he’d said that it was an honor to be invited by a beautiful lady, but he suddenly felt Yan Jin’s gaze burning a hole in him.

As if he was precisely the kind of heartless person who would only appreciate the new while forgetting the old.

Fortunately, the lady just wanted to make a scene by inviting them back, probably just to make her husband jealous. After asking why they came to the area, she ordered a room prepared for them and told them to go and rest.

“Thank you for your trouble.” After smiling and sending away the steward who showed them the way, Shen Zhixian rubbed the space between his eyebrows and tried to placate Yan Jin. “Don’t be angry. My only intention for coming here is to make discreet inquiries about the Undead City.”

Yan Jin’s expression relaxed a bit. Shen Zhixian saw this and knew that he’ll want to take advantage of this opportunity. As a result, he pushed him to the room the steward had prepared for him. “The two are probably just calculating each other. Let’s rest first, and we can talk more about it tomorrow.”

The steward didn’t know about their relationship and arranged two separate rooms for them. Shen Zhixian seemed indifferent, but Yan Jin was a bit reluctant. “I want us to be together…”

The guest rooms had two guards posted outside. The two guards saw them hovering at the door and looked at them quietly.

Shen Zhixian gave a light cough and said brightly, “We’re in other people’s home. Be polite. Be good.” He pushed Yan Jin into the room and returned to the room next door.

In fact, since Yan Jin had confessed to him that day, they’d stopped sleeping in separate rooms. Today, they were suddenly separated. Let alone Yan Jin, even Shen Zhixian actually felt...a bit uncomfortable.

He discovered that he always seemed to subconsciously want to say something to Yan Jin.

When he was drinking water, he wanted to ask Yan Jin whether he also wanted some water. When he was ready for bed, he wanted to ask Yan Jin to shake out the bedcover.

Shen Zhixian stood in front of the bed for a long time, then he sighed helplessly.

This was not good. How could a person live in the world so dependent on others? Habit was a terrible thing.

He took off his shoes and socks, hung his coat on the stand next to the bed, shook out the bedcover, and was about to rest. But, he suddenly heard a sound coming from the nearby window.

Shen Zhixian didn’t move for a moment. Then, he walked on silent barefoot to the window and cracked open the shutter.

This window opened into a bamboo grove. The moonlight illuminated the night, causing the bamboo grove to cast long shadows. Aside from the wind stirring the leaves and creating a muted fluttering noise, the surrounding area was very quiet.

Yan Jin stood in front of the window. As soon as the window opened, his gaze fell on Shen Zhixian’s figure.

Shen Zhixian’s grip on the shutter tightened slightly. After a moment, he opened the window wider and said, “What happened?”

Yan Jin said softly, "I want to come in."

Shen Zhixian immediately casted his wild imaginations to the back of his mind and stretched out his hand without hesitation.

Yan Jin took his hand. Then, he took a leap and entered the room.

Shen Zhixian’s eyes were smiling. He quietly whispered, “You didn’t come through the door but insist on climbing through the window.”