17

What happened this night was too unexpected for them both.

Yan Jin didn’t know what to think. When he looked at Shen Zhixian, his gaze was calm but his heart was astonished by this unexpected event. Shen Zhixian also didn’t know what to think. He could only pretend to be calm as he walked out the door and closed it firmly behind him. Yan Jin stared after him vacantly, until the weakness in his body disappeared.

He looked down at the sword with an expressionless face. Gradually, the mist in his eyes dissipated.   
He'd dreamed about his past life again, causing his emotions to fluctuate. When he opened his eyes, he couldn’t distinguish between reality and dreams.   

He didn’t know when Shen Zhixian had entered his quarters or what he did after he came in...But, according to Shen Zhixian’s reaction just now, perhaps he hadn't found any clues. At most, he probably thought Yan Jin was dreaming about being bullied in the past.   

The warmth of Shen Zhixian’s palm still lingered at the back of his hand. He shoved the sword back into its sheath and threw it next to the bed.

The sword knocked against something, creating a clinking sound. Yan Jin looked over and saw that it was a small jade bottle.   

It was the bottle that Shen Zhixian had used to hold the spirit pill. When he came, he’d tossed the bottle here and forgot to take it back.  

Yan Jin picked up the small jade bottle and shook it but no sounds came out. It was empty.   

The bottle cap was not tightly closed and the faint smell of medicine emanated from the small opening. Yan Jin pursed his lips, suddenly realizing that this scent was a little familiar, as if...  

He licked his lips with the tip of his tongue and tasted a hint of residual medicine. After a moment of hesitation, he gently lifted the bottle cap and brought the opening up to his nose, confirming his guess.   

After taking in the faint scent of medicine,Yan Jin was silent for a long time before re-inserting the bottle cap, leaving the bed barefoot, and pulling out a small package from within the cabinet.   

Because it was rarely pulled out, the small parcel still looked very new. Yan Jin opened the small package, put the empty jade bottle inside, re-tied the knot, and put it back in the cabinet.   

When the small parcel was put back, it emitted clinking sounds as the jade bottles inside collided.  

Crisp and sweet.

After that night, it was as if nothing had happened.  

The stupid master and disciple continued to get along peacefully on the surface.   

Yan Jin remained taciturn. Shen Zhixian didn’t know what he was planning and continued to act as if nothing happened. He treated Yan Jin as usual. Since matters had come to this, he was willing to pretend to be stupid. After all, to behave otherwise, the harm to him would outweigh the benefits.

At least, he must be stupid until he managed to solve the problem of his heart injury.

Fish scale, ah...Ever since he remembered it, he’d begun to secretly plot. This scale was precious and rare, and it was, after all, related to his life. Since he couldn’t feel reassured enough to rely on other people, he could only rely on himself.    

Unfortunately, this matter was easy to think about but difficult to do. He didn’t know where the secret realm was located. The only thing he knew was that Yan Jin might enter this secret realm in the future.

...In the end, the protagonist’s thigh still needed to be held.

Shen Zhixian sighed sadly. In order to find the secret realm and the fish scale, it seemed that he would still have to coax Yan Jin.