79

The number of times Shen Zhixian came to the wasteland was actually very few.

At the beginning, Yan Jin didn’t want him to come because of the demons in the wasteland. So, he always took the initiative to go to Qingyun Sect. Later, after Yan Jin had completely conquered the wasteland, he would only allow Shen Zhixian to visit a few times, but his stay would be very short.

The last time Shen Zhixian came to the wasteland was half a year ago. His impression at that time was that the wasteland was still a land of boundless darkness.

But this time, when he opened his eyes, he was stunned.

The person who brought him had disappeared, and Shen Zhixian stood alone. When he opened his eyes, he saw the endless, countless stars in the night sky. A breeze was blowing, creating a scene that was like fine starlight.

Shen Zhixian stared blankly for a moment, then his lips curved into a soft smile.

The breeze blew something against his cheek. Shen Zhixian lifted his hand and pulled it away. A soft, lightly fragrant petal was held between his fingers. He shifted his gaze to the side and saw a tall peach tree.

This peach tree was like the peach blossom branch that Shen Zhixian had given Yan Jin in the secret realm. Yan Jin must have planted it here, and Xiao Caoya must have grown it. At the moment, the peach tree was bursting with peach blossoms, the branches swaying and seducing people’s eyes.

A swing was attached to a branch that stretched out horizontally and was overflowing with peach blossoms.

The swing looked very unusual. Between the two long ropes was a seat that looked like it was neither made out of wood nor jade. It was white and looked soft...as if it was a puffy cloud.

Shen Zhixian walked over and reached out to squeeze it. It was indeed very soft. His eyes brightened and he felt that this swing must be very comfortable to sit on. He sat down on the soft seat and swung for a while. But, he quickly grew bored swinging alone.

Yan Jin, that big pig trotter, brought him over and disappeared again.

Shen Zhixian reluctantly left the swing and moved away in the direction guided by the contract.

The stars in the sky illuminate the path ahead of him. As he walked, a familiar scene came into view. This looked like that place he’d seen in Yan Jin’s memory.

It was the place in the last life where they had lived and where Yan Jin had helped condensed his soul for him.

The only difference was that, in the last life, Yan Jin had built this house in a beautifully scenic place. But, in this life, this house was built in the wasteland.

Shen Zhixian slowed his steps.

In front of the house was a large open space. The layout here was similar to that of their Fifth Peak in Qingyun Sect. There was a small pavilion and underneath laid a jade table and a warm jade bed, all arranged according to Shen Zhixian’s preference.

The door of the house was half-opened. Yan Jin stood by the door, his posture straight and steady, his face...as expressionless as usual. But, when Shen Zhixian saw him, he was somewhat reminded of a scene that was described in a book he’d once read. Yan Jin looked as if he was a husband waiting for his small wife to return.

Shen Zhixian walked toward him with a smile. After only taking two steps, he saw at once that Yan Jin’s sleeve had a little blood stain. He smiled slightly, “You haven’t treated your wound yet?”

Knowing that it was a wound made by the carving knife, Shen Zhixian want them to go into the house so he could take a look at it.