40

One person and one fish stared at each other for a long time, both confused.

After a while, the little blue fish hopped on its tail, jumped a little longer, and once again said, "Play over there. Don't come over and touch me again."

The child looked around at a loss, only to find that the fish was talking to him. He yelled, "But, but fish will die without water."

He remembered that, after returning from fishing, the uncle next door had thrown a few fishes on the beach with regret, saying, “Died too quickly without water. If they're not fresh, they’re useless. "

The fishes were beautiful so the child quietly sneaked over to see them after the uncle walked away. Their cold bodies lay on the sand and could no longer move or spit bubbles.

A wave came up and swallowed them forever under the sea.

"Go back to the water ..." The child tried to catch the little blue fish with his hands, and the little blue fish rolled nimbly away, not allowing him to touch. The child was so anxious that his eyes became red. He cried, "You’re going to die without water..."

When his tears fell, the little blue fish stopped rolling. Even though the child’s eyes were blurred with tears, he actually caught the fish in his palm very accurately, holding it carefully.

So the tears fell on the little blue fish, very warm.

The little blue fish meekly let the child put him into the water. When a small wave came over, it swam forward and was not swept away, saying, "If you knew that fish will die without water, then you should know that people will drown when they fall into the water. Are you dead?"

The child crouched down. He actually liked this beautiful fish. The fish didn't swim, and he stared at him with anxiety. Hearing the question, he thought hard, saying hesitantly, "I seem...to know ..."

Not long ago, the neighborhood uncle and grandma had cried for a long time by the seaside, scaring the child so much that he dared not play and only hid away. But a few words still drifted into his ears.

"There are so many people, why must it be you who drowned..."

The large boy who’d stoned him countless times in the past was now soaked with water and covered with fine sand, lying cold and motionless on the beach. Like death. Like a fish out of water.

So, he understood another truth, which was that if a person fell into the water, he would drown.

And although he liked to stay at the beach, he dared not go too far into the water. He was a fool that nobody liked. If he fell into the water, no one would come to save him.

Seeing the child nodded, the little blue fish shook its tail and did something. Suddenly a big wave rolled up in the distance, and it landed on the shore in the blink of an eye, catching the child off guard and sweeping him into the water.

As soon as he entered the water, the child panicked. He’d never seen such a big wave and had never been in such deep water. He desperately thought that he was going to drown! He didn’t know if his grave would be on the seafloor or if his body would be sent ashore ...

But the pain of his imagination did not appear. His eyes snapped open and he found himself sitting in a transparent ball. The sea was outside the ball, and within the ball, there was nothing but clean air.

The little blue fish swam beside him and saw him open his eyes. The fish shook his tail and said, "Don't be afraid."

The fish’s voice was very nice and gentle, instantly soothing the child. He carefully touched the large transparent ball that surrounded him, which was warm and soft, and his little finger would protrude outward when he poked at it with his finger.