23

Shen Zhixian was very angry these days.

That white jade table he liked very much, he didn’t know which bastard had chopped it in half. The cut was clean and smooth. At first glance, it looked very much like the result of a sword ray attack. Now, the table looked pitiful and helpless.

Angrily, Shen Zhixian painstakingly analyzed the situation and felt that the only person who would have the courage to come up here and dare draw his sword…

Could only be that villainous disciple Yan Jin.  

Xiao Caoya saw his angry expression. Its two leaves trembled as it pretended to hold a sword, imitated Yan Jin’s posture that day, slashed, and then collapsed, as if it’d received a wound. It stimulated a blood-spraying sound, “Pucha!”

Shen Zhixian was slightly distracted by it. Flipping the small grass bud pretending to be wounded, he said, "What are you doing? "

Xiao Caoya saw that it had successfully attracted Shen Zhixian’s attention. Its energy was immediately revived, and it began performing once again, acting out: swish—puff—collapse.

Shen Zhixian understood its meaning and his eyebrows slightly knitted, feeling a little hesitant.

After Yan Jin split his white jade table in half, he vomited blood?

What happened? Was Yan Jin also injured?

Shen Zhixian was so deep in thought that he forgot that the elixir in his hand was incredibly bitter. He poured it down his throat all at once. His face suddenly changed. His head pounded, making his brain ache and stars swam before his eyes. He momentarily forgot what he’d been thinking about.

At this moment, a light knock sounded at the door. Yan Jin called from outside, “Master.”

Shen Zhixian swallowed the last bit of the elixir and tried his utmost to calm down before deliberately lowering his voice to call out, “Come in.”

When Yan Jin came in, he saw his fragile master slightly leaning on the soft bed, a thin comforter halfway down his hips and a scroll in his hand. He faintly looked over.

“These days, A’jin continuously behaved like a master. That jade table, was it necessary to split it just because you’re unhappy with it?” 

Yan Jin froze for a moment before finally reacting. He pressed his lips together and whispered, “The disciple will leave at once…”

He spoke too softly during the second half of the sentence and Shen Zhixian couldn’t hear it clearly. As he was about to ask, Yan Jin had already placed a plate of Shen Zhixian’s favorite fruit on the table nearby and silently left.   

Shen Zhixian placed the scroll on the couch and looked at the plate of fruit, frowning and thinking about the second half of the sentence.

Finally, he realized that Yan Jin's quick departure was to try to compensate him.

Yan Jin's action was very fast. Just a few days later, a new white jade table appeared in the yard. In addition to the table, Yan Jin also bought a warm jade soft bed, positioned just next to the stone table and under the big tree. Very convenient for Shen Zhixuan to rest and drink tea.

Shen Zhixian quietly looked into the financial affairs of Fifth Peak. Upon asking, he realized that Yan Jin had bought these items with all the spiritual stones he’d saved in recent years. In addition to Yan Jin's monthly allowance, Shen Zhixian would allocate a lot of pocket money to him. Yan Jin actually didn't use much and left them sitting in the accounts. Until now.

Although the quality was not the best, it was already the best thing Yan Jin could get.

When Shen Zhixian knew about this, he sighed leisurely. Then he lay down on the soft couch with peace of mind, rolled himself up in the comforter, and fell asleep under the warm sun.