Beacon Hills

'Elena.' A soft voice says as someone shakes my shoulder and I open my eyes.

'Elena sweetheart, we're here.' Those words have me sitting bolt up right and I look through the windshield at our new house in Beacon Hills. 

We couldn't move back into our old one because we sold that when we left for Canada four years ago. The new house is large and extravagant but honestly what did I expect, my father comes from a very rich family and has enough inheritance money to swim in plus he as a neurosurgeon gets payed fairly well so money has never been a problem. Plus my father has always liked having the best of everything, expensive cars, tailored clothes and what not. As for me money has never been so very important.

My father is a great man with his tanned skin, athletic build, short black hair and chocolate brown eyes, he's so kind hearted and compassionate that it'll be hard to believe that I'm his daughter. I get out of the expensive black car the delivery truck with all our things is parked outside with the driver and movers waiting. I explore the house and then I find the room that I want, it's the biggest room in the house, with a queen seized bed, a walk in closet, a bathroom, a bookshelf and glass door leading onto a balcony that faces the forest.

I bring all my things to the room and start decorating it, I paint the walls a dark grey colour and I hang black curtains over the window and glass door. I push my desk up against the wall and then clad my bed in a black duvet with elegant  Scarlett cursive writing on it. Once I'm satisfied with my room I go and help my father with the rest of the things. By the time we're done night has fallen and the full moon shines brightly outside.

Full moon. 

Let's just hope that there's nothing to worry about yet, I make dinner for my father and I wondering whether things are going to be different. Back when I lived here I had to keep who I am a secret from everyone including those closest to me who I trusted more than anything. I guess I'll just continue keeping it a secret from everyone now as I did then but I have an extra weight on my shoulders a newer but much deeper and darker secret.

Perhaps I should explain a bit so that you'll understand better, the Stark family in other words my fathers side of the family have been like secret agents and hunters of some sort for centuries. No we're not werewolf hunters like the Argents (my father told me about them) but we're something along those lines. The Stark's have always taken it upon themselves to keep the supernatural and the normal safe, we hunt any supernatural creature that takes innocent lives. For example say you're a vampire we take into consideration that you must feed but of you kill hundreds of innocent lives for fun then we kill you, same goes for any other supernatural creature or being.

As for normal humans if you kill supernatural beings without reason, justification or just for the fun we eliminate you. If a supernatural being were to kill another supernatural being for no justified reason whatsoever we eliminate you and sometimes even if we find humans killing other humans for no reason we eliminate you. The Stark's are there to keep a certain order in both the supernatural and normal world to bring the guilty to justice and to keep the innocent safe. I've been trained to kill since birth, I could handle a gun before I could talk, of course I've had to keep this a secret my whole life. I couldn't tell anyone it was my and my family's secret and for no one else to know.

Then there's my other secret a much deeper and darker one, one I only learned of five years ago when I was eleven and it's the reason we left Beacon Hills. This secret is my burden to bare and mine alone no one knows about it not even my father who knows everything about me. And I would like to keep this secret hidden from everyone forever.

***

'Elena!' My father says knocking on my door and I groan, I had just managed to fall asleep what on earth does my father want.

'What?' I ask sleepily really wanting to go back to sleep.

'A body has been found in the woods, half of a body.' That's all my father needs to say and I was up.

I quickly pull my black leggings on, my black tank top, black leather jacket and high heeled black combat boots. I place three knives in the secret compartment in my left combat boot and the other three in the other secret compartment of my right boot. I place my pistol in it's strap in my leather jacket and then I take my favourite weapon; my bow. It's a black metal bow and I have special arrows that vary from explosive arrows, to poisonous arrows to even normal arrows. Slinging my quiver and bow onto my back I head out to my black BMW M I hop in and drive towards Beacon Hills preserve.

I park a little way away from the preserve entrance because I noticed a blue jeep already parked in front of the sealed off entrance. I get out of my car and I head into the woods staying alert for any sound, when I hear the rustling of leaves there's an arrow knocked into my bow faster than one could say archer my eyes scan the surrounding trees searching for the cause of the noise. I then hear the barking of dogs, fallowing the sound I find that it belongs to the police whom are combing the woods for the other half of the body.

That means the body must be around here somewhere because they're coming this way I turn to my left silently trudging off into the darkness my fingers not once releasing the string of my bow. I hear the yell of what I suspect is a boy and immediately I'm running in the direction of the voice, I don't find the body to which the yell belongs but I do find the top half of a dead female. I quickly kneel down placing my arrow back in it's quiver and placing my bow next to me. I examine the body, it was definitely an animal no human could do this but also no ordinary animal. Or well the girls attacker definitely was no ordinary animal but it looks like she was sawed in half after her death....but by whom?

I hear a howl and I quickly grab my bow, I'm back on my feet within seconds, it's been a year since I've seen or even faced a werewolf. They're wickedly fast and they have super strength almost impossible to beat if you don't know how. When I see no sign of a werewolf and when nothing attacks me I slowly make my way back to my car. What and eventful way to begin this school year, there's already a beast on the loose but I have to find out whether this beast is of innocence or guilty and whether or not I'll have to end it's life.

[EDITED ]