Weakness & Heart Rates

(Elena outfit)

(Elena outfit)

'I'm offering up my free period for this?' I question scoffing as we walk onto the abandoned lacrosse field.

'We get to hit hi with lacrosse balls.' Stiles says.

'You get to hit him.'

'What? Do you wanna kung fu him? Where did you learn to fight anyway?' Stiles asks probably referring o the time I fought Scott in the boys locker room when he tried to kill us after losing his temper at tryouts.

'I took defence classes for like the past fourteen years. Didn't you know?' I ask hoping he'll drop it.

'Probably did just didn't care.' Stiles says shrugging thankfully letting it go. 

'Sounds about right.' I mumble and Stiles flashes me a fake  innocent smile as he places the bag down unzipping it.

'Now, put this on.' Stiles says giving the heart monitor to Scott.

'Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?' Scott asks.

'No it's a boa-constrictor, yes it's one of the heart rate monitors.'  I say sarcastically and Scott rolls his eyes at me.

'Yeah I borrowed it.' Stiles says.

'Stole it.' Scott corrects.

'Temporarily misappropriated.' Stiles defends himself.

'Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone whilst he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day.' Stiles explains and then he takes out the coaches phone and I start wondering what I'm gonna wear to court when we're all arrested for stealing.

'Isn't that coach's phone?' Scott asks his eyes widening slightly.

'That I stole.' Stiles admits.

'You know if you're arrested I'm totally throwing you ender the bus.' I say and Stiles nods.

'Yeah I know.' 

'Why'd you steal it?' Scott asks and the two of us look back at him.

'Well your heart rate goes up when you go wolf right? When you're playing lacrosse, when your with Allison, when you get angry. Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate.' Stiles says and I frown.

'How does someone control their heart rate?' 

'Shut up and just let me be Yoda!'

'Sorry I am not, up you shut Stilinski.' I say smirking as Stiles rolls his eyes at me.

'Better at it I am.' Stiles says.

'So you mean I'm kinda like the incredible hulk?' Scott ask making sense of Stiles explanation.