Truce

(Yep Elena's still wearing this

(Yep Elena's still wearing this.)

I pull up at the reserve entrance and I switch my car off, I grip the wheel taking a deep breath. This is gonna be awkward and probably backfire but lets do this. I get out of my car locking it before slowly walking towards the Hale house, taking my time. I glance up at the burned house before slowly making my way up the porch steps and I stop at the door wondering whether I should just go in or knock. Before I can make up m mind the door swings open, okay that's just creepy and I'm probably about to become the protagonist in some horror movie.

But you only live once ya know?

So I slowly walk inside closing the door behind me, I carefully walk deeper into the house eyeing the ceiling afraid that my end will be being squashed by the roof. Which is so not a dramatic enough end for me. I stop when I'm in the middle of the entrance hall and I look at the sketchy staircase deciding not to take my chances. I glance around the walls looking at the scorch marks, I wonder whether they know where the fire began because if I could investigate it I might find something useful. That's probably not likely though, not after six years, I look back at the staircase and I almost get a heart attack.

'Jeepers! You should really stop doing that.' I mumble and Derek raises a brow.

'What breathing?' He asks.

'No appearing out of nowhere, one of these days you're going to have to buy me a new heart.' I say glaring at him slightly and he shrugs.

'It's not my fault you're easy to startle.' He says.

'I'm not easy to startle.' I say which is true.

'It's just you who seems to manage it effortlessly.' I mumble under my breath too quietly for any normal person to hear, but Derek seemed to have heard it as a small smirk forms on his lips.

'Well I assume you're not here to just give me the privilege of startling the living daylights out of you-' I scoff and cut him off.

'You didn't startle the living daylights out of me.' I argue and he gives me a look and I narrow my eyes at him.

'You didn't.' I say confidently even though it's not the truth.

'Listen to your heartbeat Stark, it gives everything away.' Derek says smirking and I frown, yep he's definitely a werewolf I'm quite sure of it now. Arg! How could I have been so stupid and blind! 

'So why are you here?' Derek asks pulling me out of my inner scolding.

'I thought about what you said yesterday and I agree.' I say and he raises an questioning brow and I sigh.

'I'm here to offer a truce.' I say and he's face stays blank, I'm starting to wonder whether he just died or maybe he doesn't understand what the word Truce means.

'A truce?'  He asks raising a brow.

'Yes Hale a truce.' I say huffing slightly annoyed.

'Alright.' Derek says shrugging and I want to slap him upside the head for being so nonchalant. I feel a heavily sarcastic comment crawling up my throat but before it can spring from my lips  I hear something like the sound of a car pulling up outside. I frown over at Derek before walking to one of the adjoining rooms and looking through the window, I see a police officer looking at the house fearfully. 

Derek isn't with me, I think he went up stairs for some reason, I watch as the officer talks into his radio but I can't hear what he's saying. He slowly walks towards the house and then the dog in the back seat starts barking madly. Foamy saliva is splattered all over the backseat window as the dog continues to bark and at some point the poor thing tries to escape through the window that's only cracked open slightly. The officer then turns around and runs back to his car jumping in and driving away. Well that was weird, I'm about to turn away when I see a figure walking towards the house.

Scott McCall. 

Derek comes down the stairs he glances at me with his emotionless look before walking towards the front door opening it. He steps outside before closing it behind him, I softly go over to the door and I press my ear against it trying to hear the conversation. I don't catch the conversation very clearly so I huff in annoyance before sitting down of the stairs and waiting for Bromeo and Bruliet to finish up their bromance so that I can leave and go home. I take my phone out scrolling through it, I look up when I hear the front door open again and Derek stands there looking at me. I get up and walk past him out of the house, I stop in front of the steps before turning around and looking at him.

'You're a werewolf. Aren't you?' I ask and he stays silent.

'You have incredible speed which explains how you appear out of no where, you seem to have exceptional hearing and you heal rather vastly not even leaving behind a scratch.' I say summing the facts up and Derek looks away, I sigh before sitting down on the porch steps trying to wrap my thoughts around everything.

So we have a psycho alpha running around and killing people, he bot Scott and by the look of it can call Scott out on full moons against his will. Derek is the second beta and he's a Hale which connects him to the Hale house fire case but that doesn't tell me whether or not he's connected to the alpha at all. I sigh placing my elbows on my knees and passing my temples trying to ease the growing headache. 

'You know what I am, now tell me what you are.' Derek says as he comes to stand next to me, leaning against one of the wooden porch pillars, looking down at me and I sigh.

'I can't.' I say.

'Well you know what I am so it's only fair.' He says and I almost groan.

'Listen I'm serious, I can't tell you. No one knows, not even Stiles.' I say and this seems to make him actually believe me.

'Listen I know there's and alpha out there running around and doing who knows what. Tell me is he the reason you're here?' I ask looking up at Derek and he looks away from me and out at the woods.

'Yes.' He says shortly.

'Well then I believe we can help each other.' I say and Derek scoffs at this, I roll my eye as I stand up, I walk down the porch steps when I reach the last one I turn around and I look Derek in the eyes.

'Relax I don't work well with others. All I meant is that if I get any information or clues that could help us find this alpha I'll tell you about it but I expect you to do the same.' I say in my professional Stark hunter fashion. Derek thinks over my words and after piecing together that this doesn't mean we have to work like together together he nods.

'Yeah that works.' He says and I nod.

'Great, now whilst I'm gone don't get yourself arrested or something.' I say and he glares at me and I just smirk before turning around and starting the walk back to my car.

I felt like I've reached a great accomplishment I've found the second beta, I've found someone to help me in bringing down the alpha who hates human contact as much as I do. And this means I'm one step closer to maybe just maybe gaining Pale Hale's trust which brings me closer to solving the Hale fire case. 

Now for the next month nothing horrible should happen and everything'll be fine.

Yay!! There's a little progress on the Elena Derek relationship, not much but it's there and each chapter brings us closer to them coming together. 

Hopefully ;)

I don't want to rush their relationship because then it doesn't feel as real and considering the two characters we have it will take some time so please for give the slightly slow burn romance. I promise not to make it to slow.

Anyway please enjoy!