Dances & Disasters

(Elena's winter formal outfit)

(Elena's hair and make-up

(Elena's hair and make-up.)

After taking a shower I paint my nails black with a silver glitter pattern on my two index fingers, I style my hair and do my makeup (pic) and spray on my perfume. I then slip into my dress my only jewellery being my silver moon pendant and diamond earrings. Lastly I slip on my silver heals and I study myself in my full length mirror. I nod in approval before heading down to my car only to find my father waiting for me.

'You look beautiful Elena.' He says and smiles slightly, I embrace my father and he kisses my forehead.

'Stay safe okay?'

'You too dad.' I say before leaving the house and hopping int my car and driving off to the school.

When I arrive Lana drags me to the photo booth forcing me to take a few pictures before she heads off to find her date and I go back stage. A minute before I have to go up on stage I text Scott telling him he has to stand by. About a week ago I was in the music room playing guitar and singing, Miss Grande overheard this and asked me to sing tonight. At first I declined but after Scott begged me to sing so that he can sneak into the dance I agreed and here I am.

'Now ladies and gentleman a special treat for you a performance by one of our very own students, Elena Stark.' There was a slight please as I walk up on stage and to the mic. Almost every eye in the room is on me as the music begins, I take a deep breath and then I start singing.

We were young
Posters on the wall
Praying we're the ones
That the teacher wouldn't call
We would stare at each other
'Cause we were always in trouble

And all the cool kids
Did their own thing
I was on the outside
Always looking in
Yeah, I was there but I wasn't
They never really cared if I was in

We all need that someone
Who gets you like no one else
Right when you need it the most
We all need a soul to rely on
A shoulder to cry on
A friend through the highs and the lows