Investigations

(Yep this is still Elena's outfit

(Yep this is still Elena's outfit.)

I'm back in the woods once again, the information that I need about the Hale house fire is locked up and my father is still at work, so I decided to go do some other investigations. I take the same path that Stiles Scott and I did earlier until I reach the place where the body was last night. I kneel down studying the leaves closely for any form of tracks. Whether the tracks are that of the body being dragged away or the tracks of the girls attacker. 

I'm guessing that it's possibly the alpha who attacked the girl and bit Scott, well I know for sure that it was an alpha who bit Scott but I don't know whether the alpha is the girls killer. I also don't know whether or not there's just one alpha and I also don't know if he has a pack. I lightly brush my hands over the leaves but there's no tracks or signs of anything. So I stand up and I walk over to the small hill.

Here I can see the obvious tracks of someone falling and rolling down the hill, I notice the slight disruption in the otherwise smoothed out leaved floor where the victim must've landed and it looks like they struggled, I kneel down and I pick up a leaf that's slightly coated in blood. I brush my finger over the blood and it's hard and dry. I could take this in and do a DNA test but I already know who's blood it is. So I've found the victim but there's no signs of the attacker, and it's the attacker who's my real problem.

 I straighten up and that's when I feel it, a presence behind me, someone's watching me. I spin around bringing my fist up ready to punch whoever or whatever is standing behind me. They catch my wrist just before it can connect with their jaw, I look up and see that it's none other than Mr. Pale Hale. He's grip on my wrist is tight as he stares down at me with icy coldness, even with my healed boots he's still half a head taller than I am. I yank my wrist free from his grip glaring at him as I take a step back.

'Let me guess I'm trespassing again, oh do forgive my your forsety highness for stepping on your holy ground.' I say bowing mockingly before turning back around scanning the forest floor for any details that might've gone unnoticed by me earlier.

'What are you doing here?' He asks in a smooth but emotionless voice, I slowly turn around to face him pretending to be in deep thought.

'I don't think...yes it's definitely none of your business.' I say coldly and he rolls his eyes at me.

'What are you doing here?' He repeats but this time with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

'I already told you. It's none of your bloody business Hale.'  The air around us seems to have turned to pure ice, the coldness supporting our distrust for one another.

'You know my name.' He says and I roll my eyes.

'Oh thanks for reminding me I totally forgot that I know your name.' I say sarcastically and he glares at me.

'What's yours?' He asks and I'm completely taken aback by this question that I just stare at him for a few seconds, did he just ask me what my name is? That seems a little too civilised and nice coming from him.

'Are you just going to stare at me or actually tell me?' Derek asks clearly becoming more and more annoyed by the second and I glare at him.

'Elena Stark.' I mumble still glaring at him before spinning around and walking away. 

Well that was.....weird.

***

I'm laying the dinner table in the dining room, when I hear the front door open signalling my fathers return from work. I walk out of the dining room and into the entrance hall to see my tired looking father entering the house. When he sees me he smiles and then he sniffs the air.

'Hmm smells delicious.' He says and I give him a soft smile.

'Dinner will be ready in five.' I say before heading towards the kitchen to check on the food, I dish up for both myself and my father before walking towards the dining room with our plates. I sit down at the table and we eat in silence for a few minutes. 

'So what's news?' My father asks and I knew what he meant.

'The Argents are in town so we'll have to keep an eye on them making sure they stick t their code, the girl who's body's been found.. I inspected the other half. It must have been an animal I'm pretty sure of it and I have reason to believe we're dealing with werewolves. A boy in my grade was bitten the other night and he's been showing the signs, which means there's an alpha and possibly an entire pack.' I say filling my father in on everything I've learned in the past day and he nods.

'Well you know what to do then?' My father asks and I nod.

'Yes father.' I say.

'Good.' He says and there's a few seconds of silence.

'Dad?' I ask and he looks up from his food at me.

'Yes sweetheart?' He asks.

'Do you still have the records on the Hale House fire?' I ask and my father is silent for a few seconds.

'Why do you ask?' 

'I believe they may be of importance.' Well that's not a complete lie I guess and my father nods trusting me. After I cleared away all the dishes from dinner my father leads me to his study, he walks over to the bare wall and presses his hand against it, when he removes his hand a section of the wall slides away revealing a steel door. My father unlocks the door with the code, finger print and voice recognition. We walk into a small room that's filled from top to bottom with metal boxes, my father removes one of the metal boxes from a shelf and places it on the table in the middle of the room.

He unlocks the metal box and then flicks through the many files until he stops by one and removes it. I've never been in this room before, I didn't even know my father had already installed it. Everywhere my father goes he always takes the contents of this room with him. It's all the files on every case that the Stark's were involved with or knew about, stacks upon stacks of information. My father hands me the file he has removed from the metal box and in thick black letters on the front there stands.

Hale House Fire Case

I open the file and I start reading through the information, according to the file the Hale house caught fire six years ago. The fire is labelled as an arson attack and not an accident, there were eleven people in the house all believe to be dead with the exception of Peter Hale who managed to escape but has been in critical condition and in a coma for six years. The starter of this fire is marked a target and should be eliminated, but the target remains unknown, this is one of the few unsolved cases of the Stark family. 

The only other survivors of the fire are Laura Hale and Derek Hale whom both were at school when the Arson attack took place. The guilty behind this attack still hanse't been found but should they be found immediate elimination is in order. I look up from the file and at my father horrified by what I just read, I feel a slight sense of sympathy towards Derek. 

'It's the one case that's always bugged me, we just couldn't find the one guilty of murder. There were children in that house, innocent people.' My father says and he sounds deeply hindered as if he knew the Hale's very well and feels the pain of this loss.

'I feel deep sympathy towards Derek and Laura wherever in the world they are, the poor kids it couldn't have been easy.' My father says his voice heavy. 

'Why would someone burn down a house full of innocents?' I ask and my father sighs.

'That's the thing we don't know why they burned down the house, we're guessing they knew something about the Hale family that we didn't and still don't.' My father says and I glance back down at the picture of the burning house.

If I'm to solve this case I have to get information out of Derek Hale, which means I'll have to win his trust. 

Aww Crap.

[Edited]