Bullet Wounds

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez plays in my ears as I polish my arrow heads, I softly sing along whilst cleaning and sharpening my weapons. I have to find out who this new Argent is and whether her intensions are good of bad. I also have to find the victim of her bullet last night or well this morning so it looks like I've go a busy afternoon ahead of me. If she shot someone there's bound to be blood so I'll just go back to the place where she was last night and work from there. My music is interrupted by Stiles calling me.

'Let me guess you've been kidnaped by a psycho ghost.' I say sarcastically as I answer the phone. 

'Ha ha very funny Lena' Stiles says matching my sarcasm.

'Yeah I know I'm hilarious.' I reply.

'Well I need your help.' Stiles says.

'Eh I'm not in the mood for ghosts, maybe later.' I say and Stiles sighs.

'I'm serious Lena, we have a problem.' The fact that Stiles managed to sound serious through that whole sentence immediately has me on edge

'Send me your location, I'm on my way.' I say hanging up, I grab two long knives before running down the stairs and to my car. My phone chimes and I look down at the location Stiles's sent me, I quickly drive towards it and when I see the familiar blue jeep I pull up behind it, I walk over to the drivers side.

'What's up?' I ask.

''Get in the back.' He says and and I raise a brow before hopping in the back seat, that's when I notice Derek.

'Hey Pale Hale whatcha doing here.' I looking at him and it's only then that I notice his slightly paler complexion and pain filled face.

'Wolfie here got himself shot by some magical bullet and now we're waiting for Scott to find the bullet.' Stiles says.

'Well isn't the bullet in your wound?' I ask and Derek shoots me a look.

'Scott needs to find the type of bullet they used.' Derek forces out.

'And I'm here why?' I ask turning back to Stiles.

'Moral support.' Stiles says shrugging.

'And when exactly did I become your moral supporter?'

'The day you were born.' 

'Huh look at that I was born with a curse.' 

'Hey it's a great honour I'd have you know!' Stiles snaps and I roll my eyes, I decide to shut up for Derek's sake. I look over at Derek and I felt a small tug in the pit of my stomach, what was that? Worry?

Am I seriously worried about Derek Hale?

Well I mean it makes sense right I'm supposed to protect the supernatural so it's probably natural to feel slightly worried about him dying.

But that doesn't mean the worry means anything.

'We're never getting that magic bullet, Scott's probably making out with Allison.' I mumble sending another worried glance Derek's way.

'Well we don't have any other choice.' Stiles says and I sigh, I scoot over to the middle of the back seat, I shift my bod so that I'm facing Derek.

'Show me your wound.' I say and he looks at me suspiciously.

'Oh stop being a brooding untrusting clotpole for five seconds and show me your damn wound Hale.' I say and he hesitantly shows me he's arm, I gently take a hold of his arm and I study the wound closely.

'I've never seen a bullet like this before, it's probably a special Argent make, there's no infection in the wound by the looks of it, well aside fro the one the bullet is projecting into your system.' I say more to myself than anyone.

'Since when do you know anything abut bullets or wounds or bullet wounds?' Stiles asks.

'My father is a Doctor Stileditto! As for what I know about bullets...' I trail and and look over my shoulder at him smirking.

'That's for me to know and you to have nightmares about.' I say and Stiles scoffs at me, I turn back to Derek looking at his wound.

'Be right back.' I say and I get out of the car walking to my own one, I open the passenger door and I grab the first aid kit from under the seat before walking back y the jeep and climbing in shutting the door. 

'This might sting a little.' I say my eyes flickering up to meet Derek's before refocusing on the wound. I empty a bit of alcohol onto a clean cloth. I gently take Derek's arm with my left hand as I start cleaning the wound. Derek hisses in pain but he doesn't pull his am away, push me, bite me or rip my throat out so.

So far so good.

After cleaning the wound as best I can to avoid any other infections from entering I take a different cloth and I start cleaning the dirt and dried blood surrounding the wound. Once I'm done a wrap the wound in a bandage to avoid it getting dirty or infected. I sit back in my seat and start packing up my first aid kit, the small tug of worry doesn't go away it keeps swirling in my stomach like a brewing storm.

I'm just worried because I'm supposed to technically protect him. 

I keep repeating this in my head because frankly I can't make sense of why I would worry about him other than that reason. Derek and I'm not friends, we don't trust each other and we have no debts to pay for one another so there's no reason why I should care whether he lives or dies. No reason other than the fact that I'm a protector of him and his kind which naturally means I wouldn't want him to die.

Right?

'Ok this is ridiculous tell Scott to call you.' I say my worry getting more by the second as darkness falls, Derek looks worse and still no sign of Scott.

'What am I supposed to do with him?' Stiles asks as he and Scott talks one the phone, Stiles stays silent as Scott replies.

'And by the way he's starting to smell.' Stiles says and call me a heartless b*tch but I almost laughed at that.

'Like death.' Stiles says.

'You're not gonna believe where he's making me take you.' Stiles says handing the phone over to Derek and then turning to me.

'Why do you have a first aid kit?' He whispers as to not disturb Scott and Derek's intense discussion.

'I'm friends with you and Scott Stiles.' I say and Stiles thinks about this.

'Oh yeah makes sense.' Stiles says before turning back around in hi seat just as Derek ends the call. Stiles starts the car and and he starts driving to the animal clinic.

'Hey wait! My car.' I say but Stiles doesn't stop.

'Your car's not going anywhere Lena.' Stiles says as he continues to drive. 

'If my car gets stolen your buying me a new one Stiles.' I say threateningly.

'Yeah sure.' Sties says sarcastically and I hit him upside the head before leaning back into my seat.

I can deal; with Stiles later.

Right now I have a dying werewolf on my hands.

Hey guys!

I just want to make sure that you know Elena isn't in love with Derek but seeing him close to death will make her realise that he actually does mean something to her. But she's NOT in love with him.

Yet...

Enjoy!!