MIA

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

'Do you think Scott will become a crazy killer too?' Stiles asks me as we walk down the hallways.

'How many times has he tried to kill you?' I ask and Stiles pretends to count all the times in his head.

'I should put up application forms for a new best friend.' Stiles says and I chuckle.

'Perhaps Danny will be up for it.' I say with a small smirk.

'If he is, do you think that'll mean he finds me attractive?'

'Or just because he feels sorry for you.'

'Or because he thinks I'm attractive.'

'Or because you're a slight improvement from Jackass Jackson.'

'Only a slight improvement?'  

'What can I say? Someone needs to keep your ego in check?'

'My ego? My ego!' I chuckle as we enter chemistry and take our seats I frown when I notice Scott isn't in class. Well that's pretty rich of him, he yells at Derek saying he doesn't want to train because he has homework and needs to graduate high school and now he's not even in class.

'Just a friendly reminder that parents/teacher conference is tomorrow night, students below C average is required to attend. I won't name you because the shame and self disgust should be enough punishment.' Mr Harris says and then pauses when he sees Scott's open seat.

'Has anyone seen Scott McCall?' Mr Harris asks and looks directly at me and Stiles, the class door then opens and Jackass Jackson walks in looking wrecked. I should probably feel bad for him but I'm actually pleased at the sight of him having a tough time, he deserves it after the misery he puts people through.

Yeah yeah, I'm a stone hearted b*tch. Sue me.

'Hey Jackson if you need to leave early for any reason, just let me know. Okay?' Mr Harris says and Jackson nods.

'Okay.' He says and he's voice sounds small and pathetic.

Hey the guy had a near death experience with the alpha cut him some slack.

Why should I?

Umm okay you got me there.

''Remember that secret bunker we talked about? The one we said we'll hide in in the events of an alien invasion?' I whisper to Stiles.

'Yeah why?'

'We're gonna need it.'

'Why?' Stiles asks.

'Mr Harris just showed human compassion, the aliens have come and Mr Harris was their first victim.' I say and Stiles chuckles.

'Your so weird.'

'Ah well I learn from the best.' I say and Stiles winks at me.

'If I were to die tomorrow I'd die happily knowing I've taught my little cousin well.' Stiles says and I roll my eyes.

'Your only two months older than I am Stiles.' I say.

'And a full two months wiser.' I roll my eyes shaking my head.

'Everyone start reading chapter nine.' Mr Harrison says as he starts walking to the front of the class.

'Mr Stilinski try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs, it's chemistry not a colouring book.'  Mr Harrison says and Stiles spits the highlighter cap into the air catching it with ease.

'Hey if all else fails you can join the circus.' I say referring to his lid trick and Stiles flashes me a smile before turning to Danny who sits in front of us.

'Hey Danny can I ask you a question?'

'No.'

'Oh well I'm gonna ask anyway.' 

I shake my head rolling my eyes at Stiles before returning to the chapter and I start reading it, it was quite boring because I already knew all these things. I sometimes work through half of my school books completely so that I can sit in the class and do nothing, unfortunately this usually means I'm bored in class so I think I'm stopping that strategy. My head shoots up when I hear the sound of someone falling and I look to my side to see Stiles on the floor and I clap slowly and sarcastically.

'Ten points to Hufflepuff for that amazing gracefulness.' I say and Stiles glares at me as he gets back in his seat.

'Excuse me but I'm totally a Griffindor.' Stiles says and I raise a brow.

'No you'd be a Ravenclaw before you're a Griffindor.' 

'No I'm a Griffindor! Scott's the Hufflepuff, I'm the Griffindor and your the mean ass Slytherin.'

'Yeah I am a Slytherin but you're totally a Ravenclaw.' 

'Is not!' 

***

'Yeah Scott's totally MIA I haven't seen him all day.' I say.

'That's funny because I haven't seen Allison all day either.' Lana says as we walks dow the school halls.

'You got to be kidding me.' I say rolling my eyes.

'What? I skipped school to make-out with someone in the boys locker room last year.' Lana says and I shake my head.

'Scott is way behind on his homework and he's failing in like two classes that I know about. But he finds it perfectly okay to skip school with his girlfriend?' I say.

'Well that's what happens when you're in love Elena.'

'Love's stupid.' 

'Well sorry that not everyone can be as cold and heartless like you.' Lana says jokingly as she chuckles.

'Yes your right, I'm truly blessed.' I say and Lana rolls her eyes.

'One of these days Elena someone's going to catch your attention and then you'll understand.' 

'What are they from Mars? Cause that would totally. catch my attention.' 

'I'm serious one of these days a guys going to capture your attention and then you'll stop rolling your eyes at couples and gagging at people kissing, because you'll finally know what it feels like to be in love.' Lana says smiling at me. 

'Yeah yeah whatever.' I say rolling my eyes.

'Well bless my eyes I thought I'd never see him again.' Lana says and I frown, when I look up from my phone I see Derek exiting the boys locker room and I frown.

What's he doing here?

'What the hell is he doing here?' I ask out loud.

'Do you know him?' Lana asks a gleam in her eyes.

'Not really I've met him kinda.' I say shrugging.

'Oh I so envy you!' Lana says and I roll my eyes.

'He's conversation isn't exactly million dollar worthy.' I say.

'No offences El, but at times neither is yours.' Lana says.

'Hey look at that I just found your soulmate.' Lana jokes and I wrinkle up my nose which causes her to burst out laughing. I look back over at Derek our eyes meet for a split second before he disappears around the corner.

I still don't get what he's doing here?