Tryouts

(Still Elena's Outfit

(Still Elena's Outfit.)

Lana and I take our seats on the Bleachers watching as the boys run up onto the field getting ready for tryouts, Lana's catching me up on everything that's happened in her life over the past five years. She apparently got in trouble last year for skipping class to make-out with a guy called James in the boys locker room. The year before that she got detention for managing to blow up one of the toilets with some sketchy stuff she bought. She also got grounded by her parents over the summer when they found out she was making her own alcoholic cocktails in her room. So I'm glad to see she still hasn't changed, irresponsible and always up for a party.

I watch as Stiles walks side by side with a tanned boy with shaggy brown hair and puppy dog brown eyes, I feel I should know the boy. I know he's Stile's best friend but I've never bothered finding out what his name is because of what use is it to me? Stiles sits down on the bench and I watch as his shaggy haired friend takes the place up in the goal, judging by the look on Stiles's face his friend has never been on goal duty before. 

'See any cute guys Elena?' Lana asks and I just shake my head and Lana huffs, the referee then blows his whistle and I watch as Stiles's best friend collapses to the floor gripping his helmet, immediately I'm alert and watching him closely for any other signs.

Last night was a full moon, I heard a boy yell and a wolf howl, there's a chance that it might have been the alpha and that the alpha has bitten this poor boy. I bloody we'll hope not it's usually the freshly turned ones that we have to put down because of their immense blood lust and inability to control themselves, I always hated that part. I mean it's not like they had a choice in becoming a werewolf, it's not their fault. But of course my protests were ignored and every time I spoke up against the Stark business I'd be forced to be the one who does the killing. So I've learned to not let my emotions get in the way of anything, business is business. 

The first lacrosse ball hits the boy square in the face, which could've been fatal had it not been for his helmet. A few people snicker at this and I notice that girl from this morning Alice? Or something looking worried, I'm pretty sure those two have only met today but you know maybe its that stupid love at first sight cliché. How on earth can someone be in love at first sight that just means you like the way they look and end up divorcing them two years later. I shake my head slightly returning my attention to the tryouts as the second ball goes flying towards the goal boy.

I watch as the boy who seemed to suck immensely a few seconds ago effortlessly catches the ball, this continues for the next few minutes, the boy just seeming to suddenly have professional skills and catching each and every ball with inhuman speed and agility. I'm really not liking the odds here, I'm starting t think that my theory on the alpha bite last night might actually be true. I watch as none other than jackass Jackson runs up to goal boy and throws a ball so hard and fast it should've been impossible to catch but goal boy catches it. Everyone jumps up clapping happily and cheering but I stay seated feeling a trickle of dread in my stomach.