Secrets

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

I roll out of bed and I take a shower last nights events still playing through my mind, this second beta is obviously skilled and probably in control of their shift. Which'll make finding them a lot harder, as for the alpha I have no idea how I'm going to track him down. I suppose I could use Scott as bait but...I'm not sure how to do that without revealing my reasons plus something tells me Stiles won't be 100% okay with this idea. 

After I finished showering I get dressed (pic above) and I French plait my hair and I don't bother with makeup. I place my pistol in its special holder on the inside of my leather jacket, I place a long knife in my right shoe before leaving my house. I drive to the entrance of the resort and climb out before walking into the forest, I walk all the way to where Scott was shot and I notice the crossbow arrow still lying on the ground. 

I quickly take the bolt and I see that Scott's blood is on the tip of the bolt, I make sure there's no other traces of blood that the hunters can use for a DNA test. I then examine the forest floor, by the looks of it I'm guessing the second beta is also a male but I can't be one hundred percent sure. It's hard to tell with werewolves sometimes, I stand back up the crossbow bolt still clasped in my left hand. I spin around my right hand reaching for my pistol but when I see who it is that's behind me I don't remove the pistol, I jut drop my hand back down to my side.

'Gave up on Scott and now you're stalking me?' I ask as I look at Derek Hale who scoffs.

'In your dreams Stark.' He says.

'Oh Hale you wish you were in my dreams.' I say smirking and he rolls his eyes.

'Who are you?' He asks and I raise a brow at him.

'Do you have short term memory loss or something Hale? I've told you like a week ago my name's Elena Stark.' I say looking at him.

'I know that, but who are you?' He asks and I frown slightly.

'I saw you last night, with your bow trained on one of the hunters. You're not an Argent and your not a werewolf, so who and what are you?' Derek asks his tone steely and I narrow my eyes at him.

'The very blood that flows through my veins is riddled with secrets that not even those closest to me know about. So just quit Hale because you'll never figure it out.' I say coldly looking him dead in the eye.

'Oh we'll see about that.' He says matching my cold tone. 

'Why do you care anyway?' I ask because I honestly can't see what he can benefit from that information.

'I don't care Stark, I just need to know.' He says.

'Why?' 

'That doesn't concern you.'

'Considering it's my secret and my identity I think it does.' 

'Not in this case.'

'Is it like your hobby to be such an annoying prick twenty four seven?' 

'No, it's just a natural talent.'

'Oh look at that the sourpuss is capable of sarcasm and here I was thinking you were an emotionless block of ice wrapped up in a leather jacket.' I say glaring at him.

'I think you got me confused with yourself there.' I scoff at his probably true insult, I'm about to insult him back when a little voice in the back of my head decides to remind me that I'm supposed to gain his trust. 

Boy I wish I could glare at that little voice.

'You said you saw me last night? How?' I ask frowning as I remember what he said.

'With my eyes.' He says bluntly and I felt like punching him in his perfect teeth.

'That's not what I meant.' I say through gritted teeth.

'What do I need your permission to walk through the woods now?' He sats coldly.

'Yeah, for all I know you could be trespassing on private property.' I say mockingly and he just gives me an award winning death glare.

Yup I'm never gaining this guys trust.

'Hm who knew you had a sense of humour? A bad one but it's still there.' Derek says in an equally mocking voice.

'Wait, you know what humour means?' I ask faking looking shocked and he rolls his eyes and I smirk.

Well there goes my probable last chance on gaining his trust but you know screw that! I'm not gonna let Mr. Pale Hale depro dude insult me and not fight back. You know what I don't need him to solve the case, I'll do it on my own and that way I won't be forced to tolerate his hot but annoying arse!

Very short I know I'm sorry but theres a little Elena and Derek scene for you!

[EDITED]