Guilt? Nope!

(Elena's outfit)

(Elena's outfit)

I stare down into the hole and where the top half of a wolf was mere seconds ago, there's now the top half of a woman. Her eyes stare lifelessly and empty into the unknown, her body stiff, covered in dirt and cold. It can't be...... Full shifting werewolves are so rare, I've only ever encountered one before. They're usually quite powerful and if I remember correctly to become a full shifting werewolf is rather hard. 

'Well there you have your body.' I say pulling a face before turning around and starting to walk away.

'Where you going?' Stiles calls out after me.

'Home I'm tired.' I call back not stopping.

'The woods could be dangerous.' Stiles counters.

'Well then make sure they have chocolate fondue at my funeral.' Is my reply before I walk into the tree line and I start making my way home.

 I soon exit the reserve and I start walking alongside the road towards my house, the cold air seems to cut straight through my jacket. Arg! Why does my house have to be so far, thats when a sleek black Camaro pulls up next to me and I stop walking. The window slides down to reveal none other than... you guessed it Pale Hale! He looks at me questioningly and I just shrug trying my best not to show how cold I'm actually getting.

'Need a ride?' He asks emotionlessly and I narrow my eyes at him. I'm about to tell him off when the cold stinging breeze starts to get stronger, my house is still quite far and I'll get sick if I stay out in this weather so I begrudgingly tug the passenger door open and I slide into the leathered passenger seat. The car's interior is surprisingly warm, Derek closes the window and then pulls away.

'Why are you up so late?' I ask trying to ignore the fact that I just came from his house after digging up the dead girls body there.

'I can ask you the same thing.' He says and I shrug.

'I have insomnia.' I say and then frown at myself for even sharing this little piece of information about myself, I silently scold myself for being so careless.

'Well I just couldn't sleep.' Derek answers and I nod, the two of us slip into a surprisingly comfortable silence, only broken by me giving directions towards my house. Derek pulls up in our driveway looking slightly impressed by the sight of my house but as usual the brief form of emotion disappears quickly and is replaced with his usual stoic face.

'Thanks....I guess.' I say before opening the passenger door and getting out, I hesitate before closing it wondering whether or not I should warn him about his probable arrest tomorrow. I shrug and close the passenger door, I don't owe Derek Hale anything. I walk up to the front door unlocking it with my key as Derek reverses out of the driveway, and drives away.

'There better be a good reason.' My father says when I step into the house and I nod, after locking the door we head to my fathers study and I sit down. I start explaining everything to him not leaving out a single detail.

'You don't believe Derek Hale to be guilty?' My father asks and I shake my head.

'No I don't believe that it's him, I'm convinced it was an Alpha. The same one who bit Scott.' I say and my father nods believing me. 

'Well I'll see what I can do meanwhile keep up the investigations.' My father says and I nod.

'Yeah ok.' I say.

'Good now go get some sleep.' My father says and after kissing his cheek goodnight I head up to my room take a shower and crawl under my covers.

***

The fallowing morning I get up at ten and stumble to my bathroom still feeling groggy, I wash my body hair and face before getting out. I wrk a towel around myself and exit the bathroom walking into my closet and looking through my clothes trying to decide what to wear. I end up choosing a a dark green stop top that stops at my mid thigh, light blue faded jeans, light brown ankle boots that's slightly healed and a black denim jacket. I do minimal makeup blush my hair before pinning it up in a messy bun and make sure my present moon pendant is still hanging around my neck. I reach for my phone which starts ringing just when my finger tips touch it.

'Hey Mayo!' I say.

'What's the word hummingbird.' Stiles says.

'I don't know you're the one who called.' I say.

'Right.' He says and I wait for an explanation.

'So...?'

'Oh yeah come to the Hale house before you miss all the action!' Stiles says.

'What action?' I ask.

'Your dumb.' Is Stiles response before hanging up, well gee thanks for the details Stiles Stilinski. I sigh and I grab my car keys before heading towards my car and driving to the Hale house. I drive all the way to the Hale house parking next to Stiles's jeep, I see the police everywhere as I climb out off my car.

'Well this is totally what I wanted to see on a Saturday.' I mumble sarcastically as I lean against the blue jeep standing next to Scott.

'Morning.' He says.

'Sup.' Is my response, two police officers walks a cuffed Derek over to a police car and we make eye contact. It's impossible to read his expression but I don't back down because then it'll look like I feel guilty and I don't. 

I mean I know he's not the killer but that doesn't explain why he'd hide the body, maybe he's working with the alpha? That'll explain why he's always looking out for Scott because the alpha will obviously want he's new pack member alive. That could also mean that Derek is the second beta...the one who got rid of those hunters a week ago. I frown at this new theory, could he possibly be a werewolf?? I look back over at the police car and through the window once again making eye contact with those clear green eyes.

I avert my eyes and I see Stiles trying to look inconspicuous as he walks over to the car and quickly rips open the door climbing in. I shake my head before walking over to my uncle, who's talking to one of the other officers.

'Hello uncle.' I say and he turns around smiling at me.

'Elena, what are you doing here?' He asks.

'Stiles called.' Me I say and the Sheriff sighs shaking his head.

'Of course he did.' He says and then seems to notice something over my shoulder and he excuses himself to go pluck Stiles from the car. Oh well I tried. I walk back over to my car giving Derek a final glance looking for any sign that will confirm my new werewolf theory. All he does is give me a stone cold glare and I smirk at him before getting in my car and driving away.