Suspicion

(Elena's still wearing this

(Elena's still wearing this.)

I look out through the window at the passing buildings, Stiles decided to go home and just left me in the parking-lot like the good cousin he is. So now I'm sitting in the back of Derek Hale's Camaro as we're on our way to see how nice the Argents are. We stop outside a hospital and Derek leads us to a room where a man sits in a wheel chair unmoving and staring into nothingness.

'Who is he?' Scott asks as the two walk forward but I hang back staying at the door. 

'My uncle, Peter Hale.' Derek says.

'Six years ago my sister and I were at school and our house caught fire, he was the only survivor.' Derek says.

'You think the Argents started the fire?' I ask and Derek looks over at me.

'I know they did.' e says.

'What makes you so sure it was the Argents?' Scott asks.

'Because they're the only ones who knew about us.' Derek says.

'Well then they had a reason.' Scott says and I turn away from them my mind racing, would the Argents really do this?

They have a code that would forbid that but it's not to say they play by the code, or not all of them....I'll have to find out somehow. If the Argents murdered an entire family they need to face the consequences. But first I need to find proof, find out who was involved and I also have to find their motives. I need to ensure that the Hale family is indeed innocent and then I need to make sure that Derek's accusations are true, I can't just take his word for it.

'How did you get in here?' I look up to see a nurse and I look over at Derek and Scott.

'We were just leaving.' Derek says and he walks past me but I linger a few seconds longer staring at the burnt face of Peter Hale. I then turn around and fallow Derek and Scott. I got in the passenger seat of the Camaro this time and my thoughts swirl around my head that I don't even notice when we stop in front of Scott's house.

'Goodnight Elena.' Scott says and I almost jump, I've completely zoned out and I forgot I was in a car with other people.

'Night Scott.' I say and he closes the door, Derek turns to me.

'Want me to take you home?' He asks.

'If you can take me to my car it'd be great.' I say and he nods before driving, it's not long before Derek pulls up behind my black BMW M. I release my seatbelt and reach for the door handle, once my hand rests on the handle I hesitate and  turn to Derek who looks over at me when feeling my gaze.

'Are you sure it was the Argents?' I ask.

'Yes.' Derek says without hesitation.

'Can you prove it?' I ask .