Failed Attempt

(Pic is Elena's moon pendant that she always wears.)

(Elena's outfit without the beanie

(Elena's outfit without the beanie.)

'So if I were to cut off my foot, tie it to a string and swing it at you...am I hitting you or kicking you?' Stiles asks as we walk through the school hallways.

'I think the real question is why did you cut your foot off?' I ask frowning at Stiles.

'Huh I didn't think about that.' Stiles says.

'And the other question would be where you're gonna hide after hitting/kicking me with your cut off foot.' I say giving Stiles a look and he tries for an innocent smile.

'If a pizza box is square shaped why is the pizza circular and why is it cut into triangles?' Stiles asks and I frown.

'Stiles?' 

'Yeah?'

'Shut up.'  I say whilst rubbing my temples, I've been trying to devise a plan on how to gain Derek Hale the person with the most trust issues I've ever seen to trust me. I take pride in being a quick planner but I'm completely blank here, Stiles gives me a worried look but doesn't ask any questions which I'm thankful for. 

Stiles and I go our separate ways as I head to the lacrosse field whilst Stiles goes to get dressed, I make my way towards the bleachers and I see Allison. I know her name now because every time I talk to Scott and Stiles, Scott can't help but mention her. That boy is truly besotted with the girl, which is rather a ...problem, considering she comes from a family of werewolf hunters and Scott is the newest addition to the werewolf world.

'Elena!' Lana calls out to me and I walk over to her sitting down next to her on the bleachers.

'See that boy over there?' Lana says and I glance in the direction she was showing.

'I see five yes.' I say and she rolls her eyes.

'The hot one.' Lana says and I frown at her.

'They're wearing helmet's Lana.' I say raising a brow and she rolls her eyes once again.

'Never mind, you have zero taste in men.' She grumbles rolling her eyes.

'Perhaps not.' I say.

'Not to fear when the match making queen is here.' Lana says and I look around.

'I don't see Lydia anywhere?' I say frowning and Lana hits my arm and I let out a small laugh as she pouts.

'Just watch and see tonight at the party boys will be lining up around the block to be yours.' Lana says with a mischievous smile which makes me slightly worried about what she's planning.

'Have you ever thought that maybe it's not the boys who are the problem.' I venture trying to make it clear that no matter what she does, I'm walking out of that party single.

'Boys are always the problem.' Is Lana's response, I look over at her opening my mouth but then I notice someone standing in the tree line.

'I'll be right back.' I say before getting up and getting off of the bleachers and walking towards the forest, I decide to sneak up on him so I enter the woods a little way away from him but when I reach the spot where he was standing minutes ago its empty.

'Looking for someone?' A monotonous voice asks from behind me and I turn around glaring at Derek.

'What are you doing here Hale?' I ask rudely crossing my arms over my chest.

'None of your business Stark.' He says and I glance behind me and I notice from here he has a very good view of Scott McCall.

'Your watching Scott McCall, why?' I ask looking back to him and for a brief second, an impressed look runs over his face before disappearing.

'You're smart.' He comments and at least I know my suspicions are right.

'If I wanted your praise I would've asked for it.' I retort coldly.

'Now that you know what I'm doing,  what are you doing?' He asks matching my cold tone.

'Kindly asking you to back off from things that don't concern you.' I say my tone getting even colder, I don't really care about Scott but he is Stiles's best friend and I care about Stiles a lot so I feel slightly obligated to protect him. Plus as a hunter or Venator as we're more commonly known it's my job to protect both the supernatural and the normal from each other. 

'How do you know this doesn't concern me?' He asks coldly and I scoff.

'Does it?' I ask raising a brow.

'Like I said this is none of your business, how does this concern you anyway?' He asks his tone ice cold and steely.

'None of your business.' I say mockingly mimicking him and he glares at me and I smirk, and the two of us have an icy stare down daring the other to back down, I'm pretty sure that you could get frostbite from the coldness we're treating each other with. Our little stare down is interrupted by the sharp shrill sound of a whistle, I look over my shoulder at the lacrosse field and when I look back in front of me Derek is gone.

Coward.

Well that was one massive fail attempt at gaining his trust, I know I need to gain his trust to get the information that I need but my pride is getting in the ay of that happening. I sigh and walk back towards the field, trying to figure out how to gain that stone hearted guys trust. I know that gaining his trust would mean showing I myself trust him and well...I don't do the whole trusting thing either, not easily anyway.

'What did I miss?' I ask Lana as I rejoin her on the bleachers.

'That McCall boy made first line.' Lana says as she gets up and ready to leave, I glance over at the excited Scott and Stiles. I purse my lips, this is not going to end well is it?

'Lena!' I glance over my shoulder at Stiles, I already knew it was him and not just because I can recognise his voice from miles away but because he's the only one that calls me Lena he claimed it as his nickname for me and forbid anyone else from using it.

'Well hello cutie.' Lana says winking at him and I felt extremely uncomfortable considering that Stiles has a crush on Lana's twin sister and that crush comes all the way from third grade. 

'Uh hi.' Stiles says slightly awkwardly.

'Lana you remember my cousin Stiles?' I ask trying to remember whether or not they've ever met.

'It's great to finally meet you, Elena talks so much about you or well she did.' Lana says shaking Stiles hand.

'Aww Lena I didn't know you talked about me.' Stiles says giving me a cheeky smile and I roll my eyes.

'She never said the things I say are good.' I say smirking .

'Oh please everything about me is good.' He says and does a dramatic hairlip which just looks stupid since he has a buzzcut.

'Sweetheart you're just embarrassing yourself here, I'm the real drama queen and you're a peasant compared to me.' I say flicking my fishtail braid over my shoulder and Lana bursts out laughing.

'You two are so fun to watch! Are you sure you two aren't brother and sister?' Lana asks, Stiles and I share a look before shrugging.

'Can you quickly come over I have a problem I need your help with.' Stiles finally says more seriously.

'Yeah sure.' I say and Stiles greets us before heading off to the boys locker room and I head towards my car with Lana by my side. After dropping Lana off at her house I head straight towards Stiles's house wondering what on earth he needs help with. 

[Edited]