Dress Shopping & Douche Bag

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.) 

'Ok so why exactly are you doing dress shopping if you're not even going to the winter formal?' Lana asks as we ride up the escalators.

'I told you the whole story, Miss Grande asked me to preform and I accepted because then there will be a distraction to help Scott get inside.' I say and Lana goes over these words in her head before shrugging.

'Okay well I'm thinking I might go white you know for the wintery theme?' Lana asks changing the topic to what dress colour she wants.

'Isn't white a little cliché?' 

'You're right I need something with a bit more sass and a classic hot girl look.' Lana says.

'What do you think I should do with my hair tho?' Lana asks running a hand through her red hair.

'Curl it?' I suggest and she thinks about it.

'I don't know...'

'Well what about this once you find your dream dress we can worry about the jewellery, hair and make-up?' 

'Sounds perfect!'

The two of us steps off of the escalators just in time to see a slightly annoyed looking Lydia pulling a very confused Stiles along and a smug looking Allison behind them. I raise an amused I brow at the scene, guessing that Allison pulled a few strings. Hmm maybe she's not so bad after all, well let us just hope Stiles doesn't screw this up.

'Hmm I always thought those two would make a cute couple.' Lana says and then drags me over to the perfume stall smelling a few different ones before purchasing the one she liked the most and then she drags me to the dress section.

'So I'm thinking maybe blue? Though I don't know, blue has never been my colour.' Lana says whilst holding a blue dress t her ad looking in a mirror before scrunching up her nose and putting the dress away. 

'Do you have a date yet?' Lana asks and I shake my head.

'No, I'm not going to stay long so what's the point?' I asks and it's true, I'm just helping Scott sneak in and then I'm out of there. I actually like school dances they're not so bad but Scott told me that Derek's possibly been captured by the Argents so there's no way that I'm going to sit around drinking punch when he's possibly being tortured at this very second.

'Ooo what about this?' Lana asks picking up an orange dress and I knew she was joking because she hates the colour orange.

'Yeah definitely, it compliments your hair.' I say playing aloha and she laughs placing the dress down. I browse through the racks before finding a short golden sparkly dress that makes me want to gag but I know it's right up Lana's alley.

'Hey what about this one?' I suggest handing the dress to her.

'Oh I love it.' She says placing the dress against her.

'I'm quickly going to try it on, be right back.' She says and hurry's off just as someone says over the intercom that someones car is being towed, I think it's Allison's car but I can't say for sure. I just shrug it off and I pick up a dark purple dress.

'That dress won't do you justice.' I spin around to see the douche bag of douche bag's Peter Hale standing behind me.

'Oh what would I do without your amazing fashion insight.' I say sarcastically and Peter chuckles.

'I must say, you're quite a pretty thing no wonder my nephew is so infatuated.' Peter says and I roll my eyes trying not to listen to what he just said. Derek doesn't like me I know that and I don't like him either....

'Yes and I'm infatuated with the idea of slitting your throat.' I say.

'Yes I can see you are a true Stark hunter.' Peter says and I take a step back.

'What? How-?' I ask frowning.

'My sister Talia Hale told me about your little family business and she says you are not the enemies.....well I trust my sister so I'll let you go.' Peter says and I roll my eyes trying to hide my confusion, why and how did Talia Hale know about us?

'Oh great now I can sleep peacefully at night.' I say sarcastically and Peter gives me an annoyed look.

'You're a very good fighter but you're damn annoying.' 

'The term is sarcasm dumb ass.' I retort and he rolls his eyes before reaching out and I flinch away but he doesn't touch me, he reaches pass me and takes something off of the dress rack.

'Here I think this will work a lot better.' Peter says handing me a crimson coloured dress.

'Stay alive Elena....I might need you in the future.' Peter says and then walks away leaving me confused and suspicious.

'Aww damn why do all the hot guys have to be like ten years older than I am.' Lana says looking at Peter's back before turning back to me.

'What do you think?' She asks meddling the shiny gold dress to me.

'Looks great, you'll have half the school staring at you.' I say and she claps excitedly.

'Oh I fund this, I think you might like it. There's only one.' Lana says handing me a black and silver dress.

'Well don't just stand there go try it on!' 

Half an hour later Lana and I have both purchased our dress, high heels, jewellery, make-up and perfume. Lana happily chats away about what she's going to do with her hair and how she's going to paint her nails whilst I drive her home. She's also quite confidant that she'll be able to spike the drinks this year without getting caught. I try to look enthusiastic and interested but in all truth and honesty Im very distracted. Because one thought won't leave my head, one worry won't go away, one person stays stuck in my mind.

Derek Hale.