Drunken Sheriff

(Elena's outfit

(Elena's outfit.)

'But they are!' Stiles whines and I roll my eyes.

'No mummy's and zombies are not the same things!' I argue as Stiles drives the jeep towards his house, my father has a late operation tonight so I'm eating dinner at the Stilinski's. After telling Stiles that I'm a Stark hunter the two of us have become even closer and we hang out more often, it's like our brotherly sisterly relationship was levelled up and I sure as hell ain't complaining.

'They're bite dead people that are now undead and walking around!' 

'Zombies eat your brains!' I argue.

'That's just a disturbing diet!' 

'Ad mummies are wrapped in bandages.'

'It's a fashion choice.'

'Well if a zombie bites you you turn Ito a zombie and if a mummy bites you you're just some looser with a mummy bite and the kissable chance of mummy rabies.' I say and Stiles rolls his eyes as we park outside the his house.

'Whatever.' He says and we walk towards the house, for the past week Stiles and I've spent most of our time together trying to figure out how to find Peter and .... Derek. I'm not gonna lie I.... I kinda miss him and whenever I think about him I still feel a sting of betrayal. 

'Do you think I'm worthy enough to pick up Thor's hammer?' Stiles asks thoughtfully as he unlocks the door and we enter the house.

'No.'

'But-'

'No.

'I-'

'No.'

'What if-' 

'No.'  I say and Stiles makes an annoyed sound before an amused look crosses his face and he bursts out laughing. I frown at him raising a brow as he clothes his sides and tries to steady his breathing.

'What's is funny pray tell?' I ask and he looks upon at me with tears in his eyes.

'our surname is Stark and Iron Man's surname is also Stark.' Stiles says and I raise a brow.

'Aww man so you're related to Iron Man and a spy? And all I am is a hyperactive walking google with way to much useless information stored in my brain? Life's so unfair.' Stiles says as he walks to the fridge grabbing each of us a can of ice tea.

I accept the doing and turn around to see my uncle sitting at the dining room table surrounded by tons of papers and and boxes. He looks tired, no exhausted and completely worn out, I slowly walk over to him feeling slightly worried. It must be hell for him having all these murders but only being able to see half the picture because the other half is a lot more complicated and messed up.

'What you doing?' Stiles asks and he looks up.

'Work.' He replies shortly before smiling at me.

'Hello Elena, I've ordered pizza it should be here soon.' He says tiredly and I smile at him.

'Thanks Uncle.' I say.

'Anything we can help with?' Stiles asks and I could tell he's worried about his father but also wants to know if there's something here that could help us in racking down Peter and helping Scott.

'You know, if you poured me an ounce of whiskey that would be awfully nice.' He says and Stiles goes off to fin the whiskey whilst I sit down across from my uncle. Stiles comes back and sits next to me placing a whiskey glass down on the table.

'Any leads?' Stiles asks reading out to a pile of papers only to have his father swat his hand away.

'Hey! You know I can't discuss that with you....either of you.' He says, Stiles shrugs and unscrews the top of the whiskey bottle.

'No to much.' He says and Stiles puts an ounce glancing at his father shrugging and filling up the entire glass, my uncle takes the glass without looking and downs the whole thing and before long he was intoxicated and starts talking.

'You know Derek Hale would be a hale lot... a hale lot?' The sheriff frowns.

'A hell lot?' Stiles and I suggest at exactly the same time.

'Hell.' The sheriff gives us a thumbs up sign before continuing.

'Yes he would be a hell lot easier to catch if we could get an actual picture of him.' He says.

'How do you not have a picture of him?' Stiles asks.

'It's the strangest thing, it's like overtime we got a mugshot it was like two laser beams were pointing in the camera.' He says and shows us the picture.

'Maybe he has like seriously high tech contact lenses.' I say jokingly.

'Oh my God, God that ounce of whiskey hit me like a brick.' The sheriff groans removing his glares and rubbing his eyes.

'And I've said way too much, if either of you repeat any of that...' He begins but trails off.

'Dad it's us, we're not gonna say anything.' Stiles reassure's hime and I nod, the for bell rings probably singling that the pizza is here.

'I'll get it.' I say getting up, I don't need to stay because I know what he's going to say next, about how all the murders are connected I figured that out last night, not that it matters because I know Peter's the alpha but at least now I know his motive.

***

'You know I miss talking to you.' I hear my uncle tell Stiles so I stop in my tracks as I'm on my way back to the dining room from the bathroom and I don't want to ruin a moment or something. Not like Stile ruined the moment Derek and I almost...

No! You can't think about that. Especially not in that way.

Yeah yeah I know.

If you know then why do you still do it?

Because I can't control my feeling!

Oh great there I go again arguing with myself, I swear one of these days I'm accidentally going to argue with myself aloud and get shaped off to the first metal health care home they can find.

'It's like we never have time...' My uncle trails off and Stiles gets up.

'Dad you know what I need to make a phone call but I'll be right back.' Stiles says and I enter the room thinking the moment is gone.

'I do miss it....and I miss your mom.' He says and both Stiles and I freeze, we slowly turn around looking at the drunken sheriff.

'I miss my sister too.' He adds on and I flick at the mentioning of my mother, the two of us slowly walk over to him.

'What'd you say?' Stiles asks whilst I stay silent, for the past five years since my mothers death I haven't once heard my father or uncle talk about my mother and that was okay with me because the memories are too painful. The sheriff doesn't reply and reaches for the bottle but Stiles stops him.

'Thanks.' He says.

'Your mother would be proud, both your mothers would.' He says and I blink away the tears. I've matured not crying no matter what the situation but when it comes to the topic of my mother... to the topic of that night..... I can't control the tears. For they aren't just tears of pain, loss and heart break.

No, they're tears of guilt too.