First Days

(Elena's Outfit)

I wake up the next morning to the annoying sound of my alarm clock, I drag myself out of bed and head to the shower. After taking a nice warm shower I get dressed (pic above) and I French plate my hair down my back. I put on very little makeup because honestly I can care less about what people think of me. I clip my silver ring earrings in and as always my crescent moon pendant hangs around my neck, I've never taken this necklace of not since the day that it was given to me. I head towards the kitchen and I find my father at the breakfast bar with a newspaper, he looks up at me and smiles.

'Morning sweetheart, I made you some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.' My father says and I give him a quick smile, I eat the pancakes, I go up stairs brush my teeth and then I grab my black leather book bag swinging it over my shoulder. I say goodbye to my father and I head to my car driving to Beacon Hills high school to start my sophomore year. I park my car and I take a deep breath, well here it goes another day of hiding who and what I am from everyone. 

Another day of having to be in the presence of these annoying things called humans, yeah sure I'm a human too but that doesn't make all the other humans less annoying. I get out of my car and head to the front of the school where I sit down on a bench waiting for the principle, I take out my iPhone and I start flicking through the articles and gossip on the body found in the woods, trying to see if there's any useful information. That's when someone sits down next to me and I glance over to see a pretty girl with pale skin, dark eyes and dark hair, she smiles at me.

'Hi I'm Allison Argent! Are you new here too?' She asks and I almost wrinkle my nose up at how friendly she is.

'Elena Stark and no I used to live here five years ago.' I say turning away from her hoping to end the discussion, she seems like she wants to talk more but her phone rings and thankfully she leaves me alone.

'I'm sorry I'm late.' The principle says as he walks over to us greeting us, arg what is it with people that seem to smile so much, like doesn't your cheek muscles hurt like hell? 

The principle leads us into the school yapping away about useless information I don't give a donkey's dung about. He stops at Allison's class introducing her whilst I wait outside, he then takes me to my first class which'll be biology. We walk into the class and I glare at the unfamiliar faces hoping they'll stay unfamiliar until my eyes land and a familiar redhead who's nose is stuck in her textbook.

'Class this is your new student Elena Stark, I trust you'll do everything you can to make her feel comfortable and at home.' With that the principle leaves but at the mention of my name the redheaded girls head snaps up and she looks at me in disbelief.

'Miss Stark you can take the empty seat next to Miss Martin.' I nod at the professor before walking over to the redhead that I know so well who stares at me in shock.

'Hello Lana.' I say as I sit down next to my best friend Lana Martin, Lana and I were best friends back when I lived here, we grew up together and in some fashions she's more of a sister than a friend.

'Five bloody years! What the hell Elena? Do you know how hard it was to find an intelligent conversation with you gone?!' She whispers rather loudly but no one pays us any mind.

'Yes I do know how hard it is to find intelligent conversation around here, I used to live here you know. Anyway I'm back now.' I say and she beams at me clearly glad that I'm back. We turn our attention to the teacher deciding to continue our catch up session after class.

'I've had to hang out with my sister for the past five years do you know how annoying that was? She keeps pretending to be this stupid girl all because of her boyfriend, you remember Jackson right?' Lana says as I walk towards my locker, Lana is twin sisters with the popular Lydia Martin but she's not quite like her sister. Lana is a party animal and very irresponsible plus she's so positive and nice twenty four seven that I often wonder how we became friends. 

Me Elena Stark with the cold untrusting and sarcastic attitude who doesn't think before insulting someone and wouldn't even feel a tad bit of guilt if I make you bawl your eyes out in the bathroom during lunch break. Sure I've always preferred being by myself since I find people annoying, stupid and really not worth my time but there's three people in total in this whole world who sees the other side of me. The kinder less hostile side of me, and those three people are Lana, my father and my cousin whom I love as a brother. 

'Jackass Jackson? How can I forget his arrogant arse.' I say rolling my eyes as I place my books in my locker and Lana laughs.

'That's the one, she acts like a complete dumb blonde for him, really it's sad. Anyway are you coming to tryouts? I could seriously use some company on the bleachers.' Lana says and I sigh.

'Sure I'll come with you.' I say and I take the few books that I need before closing my locker and the two of us begin walking towards the lacrosse field.

'Oh by the way my sister is throwing a kick ass party Friday night and you're definitely coming, maybe I can get you a hookup or something considering you probably still haven't had your first kiss!' Lana exclaims and I shake my head.

'Elena?' An all too familiar voice asks from behind me and I slowly turn around, when I see him a smile graces my features and I hurry over to him throwing my arms around his neck enveloping him in a tight hug. I hate and I mean hate human contact I don't even like shaking someone's hand so this slightly startled him but I missed him so much, he hugs me back and I finally pull away and he beams down at me.

'I can't believe your back!' He exclaims happily.

'Well I couldn't leave you hanging forever now could I?' I say smirking at Stiles, Stiles Stilinski is my cousin on my mothers side of the family, even though he's my cousin the two of us have always been more like brother and sister. We were neighbours back in the day and Stiles and I were usually inseparable, we grew up more like brother and sister and that's how we saw each other as well.

'Five years Elena! Five Years!! Without an explanation, you've brought shame upon me, upon your family, upon your cow-'

'Umm Stiles I don't have a cow.' I say cutting him off from naming everything I've brought shame upon by leaving.

'Well that's not my fault, in fact it sounds more like a you problem.' Stiles says dramatically and a crack a smile boy I've missed this pure embodiment of over dramatic sarcasm.  

'Anyway I have to go to tryouts now, you're coming to watch right?' Stiles asks and I smirk.

'Do you really think I'd miss the chance to watch you make and absolute fool of yourself whilst having your ass handed to you?' I ask raising a brow.

'Jeez thanks for the vote of confidence Elena.' He says rolling he's eyes.

'My pleasure, cya.' I say before turning to Lana and we make our way to the lacrosse field.

[Edited]