Dissatisfying Escape

Coruscant: 20 BBY
Feton Ralius's Stronghold
Riyo Chuchi

    Riyo blinked her eyes open and sat up with a groan. A dull ache coursed through her body and her head was pounding. She checked her hands, but found them shackled together. She was sitting in some sort of cell.

    The door hissed open and two Mandalorians entered. One of them grabbed her arm and shoved her out of the cell. "Start walking," he growled.

    "Where are you taking me?" Riyo demanded.

    "To see the boss."

    She faced forward and let them prod her along. If I play along, I'll stay alive. Hopefully Mairin and Fox are on their way. Riyo gritted her teeth in frustration. How could we have been so naive? Fox was right. Still, I did learn some things at least.

    They entered another room shortly. Riyo arched an eyebrow at the man seated on a makeshift throne. He straightened as the Mandalorians forced her towards him. The man removed his helmet. Riyo paused momentarily. He was only a young man, in his mid twenties at least, she guessed.

"Senator Chuchi, welcome," he drawled. "It took us a while to persuade you to visit us."

"Your methods of persuasion are unfamiliar to me," Riyo said. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"Straight to the point. Good. I am Feton Ralius. As to what I want, I'm in need of some credits. My men want more food and weapons so I'm getting it for them. I've heard the Separatists will pay a hefty price for your head." A smirk slid onto his face. "Of course, they'll pay even more if you're alive."

"These Separatists wouldn't happen to be members of the Trade Federation, would they?"

"I don't ask questions about my buyers. They pay me and I deliver what they want." Feton waved a hand. "Get her ready for transportation."

Riyo stiffened as the Mandalorians pushed her back towards her cell. Hurry up, Mairin, she groaned inwardly.

Coruscant: 20 BBY
Feton Ralius's Stronghold
Commander Fox

They were waiting a short distance away from the Mandalorian stronghold. A shuttle was inbound, carrying Clay, Archer, and Jairo. Fox had contemplated bringing in a squad of the Coruscant Guard, but had quickly scrapped the idea.

Had he done that, there would've been mountains of reports to file, not to mention his own marked inadequacy at guarding the Senator. Mairin stirred restlessly beside him.

    "Do you think she's all right?" She asked.

    "They won't kill her. They want to use her for something," Fox replied.

    "Well aren't you two smart?" The hostage Mandalorian sneered.

    "Quiet," Fox snapped. The whirring of engines drew closer. A shuttle landed close by and his brothers leaped out.

    "So what's the plan?" Archer asked as soon as they reached Fox and Mairin.

    "First of all, put him in the shuttle." Fox shoved the Mandalorian forward. "He's under arrest for the kidnapping of Senator Chuchi."

    "I didn't actually kidnap her. You can't charge me with that!"

    "You helped. That makes you an accomplice," Fox replied. Jairo led the Mandalorian onto the shuttle and quickly returned.

    "Now, about the plan?" Clay prompted. "We can't just go in there with guns blazing or they might do something drastic."

    "They operate like a crime syndicate, right?" Fox's gaze fell on Mairin. "We can use that. Mairin, you'll have to pretend that you're a smuggler on a delivery or pickup. Distract them so that we can sneak in and find the Senator."