Uncharted Course

Coruscant: 20 BBY
Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center
Commander Fox

    Sunrise had already come and Fox still hadn't had a chance to sleep. Not that he could if he tried. Riyo's condition had worsened greatly. Mairin's had stayed about the same, neither improving nor declining. Jairo hadn't left her side since he'd arrived at the Temple. Fox had only stayed long enough to see Riyo situated, before grabbing Clay and returning to the prison. They'd let Archer stay behind, in case Jairo needed him.

    The lift jolted and Fox brushed out, headed towards Sib Canay's cell. With Asha gone, he was their only clue towards the source of the poison. Clay opened the cell and entered first. "Wake up, Neimoidian scum," Clay barked.

    Sib Canay jumped upright. "What is the meaning of this?"

    "You assisted in the attack on Senator Chuchi," Fox said.

    "She's been attacked many times. I've lost count of them all."

    Fox struggled to keep his anger under wraps. "This attack happened last night at the Senate Ball, where she was poisoned by one of her handmaidens. The maid said you helped somehow. Where did she get the poison and what is it?"

    "It seems to have...slipped my mind," Canay drawled.

    "You don't want to toy with him on this one," Clay warned.

    "Where did the poison come from and what is it?" Fox repeated. Sib Canay just stared at him with a blank expression. Fox wrapped his hand around Canay's throat and slammed him back against a wall. "Unless you want to find yourself splattered against this wall, I suggest you talk," he growled.

    "Ok, ok!" Sib raised his hands. Fox didn't let go. "The poison came from someone on the Black Market. He calls himself the Doctor. I don't know what kind of poison it is! I just told that girl how to contact him and told her to get the strongest poison he had!"

    "Did you initiate this attack?"

    "No! The girl contacted me first! She said she had a plan to get rid of Chuchi and she wanted my help!"

    Fox released him, finally, and stepped back. "Do you know where we can find this Doctor?"

    "The Under City. He keeps all of his dealings far beneath the upper levels," Sib rasped.

    Fox stared at the Neimoidian a moment longer, then stormed out of the cell. Clay sealed the door behind them. "That doesn't help much. We don't have time to go looking for some Black Market dealer," he said.

    "I know." Fox leaned against the wall. "Did they run it through the databanks?"

    Clay nodded. "Master Yoda even said they contacted the Kaminoans about it. They don't know what it is or where it comes from."

    Fox's comm lit up with an incoming transmission. He accepted it quickly. "If you plan on coming back, you'd better come now," Archer said.

    Fox glanced at Clay. His brother sighed and nodded. "I'll be right there." He switched the comm off and started towards an exit.

    "Don't stay too long. You know you have to be careful," Clay said. "You'd better bring Jairo back with you, too."

    "I know. It's easier said than done, though." Fox stepped out onto a landing platform and jumped into a speeder. Clay watched him take off, then turned back into the prison. Fox quickly merged into a bustling airway. It took him far too long to reach the Temple.

    Archer was waiting for him when he landed. "The Jedi aren't there anymore and the healer looking over them understands the situation," he said. "She won't say anything."