Dark Revelations

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Senate Apartments
Riyo Chuchi

    Riyo sat on her bed, still upset. Mairin sat next to her, with a hand on her shoulder. "Tell me you're sending him home."

    "I am," Riyo replied. "I'll ask the Chairman to send Che Amanwe instead. I don't know why he sent Ion in the first place. He's more immature and narrow minded than the last time I saw him."

    "He's usually reserved and quiet," Mairin agreed. "I thought he was over his crush on you."

    "Apparently not. I think he might've gone to a cantina before coming here."

    "Maybe. Delaney said Clay got to him first?"

    Riyo nodded. "Thank goodness for that. I'm surprised Fox didn't try to strangle Ion."

    "You would've had a difficult time explaining that one." Mairin rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "I didn't want to tell you now, but I suppose I should. I need to be leaving soon."

    "I wondered if you might," Riyo sighed. "Will you be able to come back soon?"

    Mairin nodded. "As soon as I can. I'll leave sometime tomorrow."

    "All right."

    The bedroom door hissed open. Fox tugged off his helmet and nodded towards Mairin. She gave Riyo a small smile before leaving. "He's back at his apartments. Captain Tere helped us handle it. I don't think he'll let Ion near here any time soon."

    Fox sat down beside her. "I'm contacting the Chairman and asking him to send one of his daughters. I don't think he'll object after he hears about this." Riyo leaned her head against Fox's chest and closed her eyes. She hadn't realized how tired she was. "Are there any updates on the Chancellor?"

     Fox stiffened a bit. "Not yet."

    Riyo glanced up at him. "What is it?"

    He bit his lip and shook his head. "Nothing. I just...hope they rescue the Chancellor soon."

    "Me too."

    "Have you gone to see Tilieu lately?"

    Riyo smiled. "Yes. I meant to tell you a while ago, but things became so busy." He gave her a prompting look. "You were right. We're having a boy."

    Fox smirked and kissed her forehead. "I told you."

    She rolled her eyes. "I'm still worried about what we're going to do. We don't exactly have the option to leave, like Mairin and Jairo. I already told the Chairman I want to remain Pantora's senator."

    Fox knit his brow. "I've been thinking about it too. The war is close to being over. If General Skywalker and General Kenobi manage to capture Dooku and Grievous today, the Republic will have won. No one knows what is supposed to happen to us clones after the war. I think..." he trailed off a moment.

    "You think what?"

    "I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think I'd be able to ask the Chancellor to let me resign from the army. At the very least, maybe I could talk to him about changing a few rules."

    Riyo smiled. "I'm sure he'd be willing to listen."

    "I hope so."

    She leaned towards a table beside her bed and grabbed a datapad. "I've been thinking of names. There's two I really like."

    Fox took the datapad from her and read over the list. "You really like names that start with a 'cuh' sound, don't you?"

    She chose to ignore the comment. "I like these two the most. Crevan and Kieran."