Code Red

Some scenes and dialogue used from The Clone Wars Season 5: Episode 18

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Republic Military Prison
Commander Fox

    The prison had gone into full lockdown since he activated the alarms and reported Commander Tano's escape. Several clones had reported sighting her, but none had been able to reapprehend her.

    Fox's comm lit up with a prison wide transmission. Every clone who had his comm on could hear it. "She's heading north in the prison corridor," someone reported. "Cut her off!"

    Fox switched directions immediately. "Copy that." Already, he could hear blast doors sealing in one section of the prison.

    Fox skidded around a corner just as Commander Tano vaulted through the final blast door in the corridor. She saw him simultaneously and was up and running seconds later. Fox chased after her, but she disappeared from sight, turning around a corner. He ducked down it and slowed, firing stun blasts at her. She kept running.

    Three clones lay dead in the hall. Two were familiar. Fox paused and knelt beside Wit. Diver was next to him. "I'm sorry, Boys," Fox whispered. He activated his comm. "The suspect has killed three clones. Code Red. If you see the target, shoot to kill." He switched the settings on his blasters. I hate giving that order.

    "Delay that order, Commander Fox!" General Skywalker and Captain Rex came sprinting around the corner.

    "She's killed troopers."

    "I know Commander Tano. She would never do something like this," Rex protested.

    "Then who did?" Fox struggled to keep his growing frustration under check.

    General Skywalker butted in between them. "Quiet. Ahsoka!" He called. "It's me, Anakin. Stop running."

    There was silence for a few minutes. "You can't help me, Master!" Commander Tano shouted back. Her voice was distant. "Someone's setting me up!"

    "I believe you, Ahsoka."

    "But no one else will."

    General Skywalker looked surprised for a minute, then shook his head. "Keep searching until we find her. Rex, call security. Tell them we need to search the entire base. Now."

    Fox waited with Rex while General Skywalker continued on. Rex switched his comm on. "General Skywalker has just issued an all points bulletin on Commander Ahsoka Tano. She's killed three clones," his voice wavered a tiny bit, as though he couldn't believe what he was saying, "and should be considered armed and dangerous."

    "We'll find her, Captain," Fox promised when Rex lowered his arm.

    "I hope so. The problem is, she doesn't want to be found. Let's move." Rex took the lead and they sprinted through the corridors of the prison.

    They passed by a window and Fox glanced out into the yard below. Squads of clones raced around, searching. Military vehicles had been mobilized and gunships with search lights flew overhead.

    A few minutes later, both of their comms blinked on. "The prisoner was just spotted in the east wing, Cell Block 1218-11."

    "That's this way." Fox switched directions and they started running, hoping to cut her off. They reached the cell block shortly, but there was no sign of Commander Tano. A squad of troopers was just rounding a corner. "Blast it. She got past them."

    "Let's split up and find different squads. We'll cover more ground," Rex said.

    Rex headed back the way they had come. Fox ducked around the corner and joined the group of clones they had just missed. They let him take the lead and headed outside of the prison, towards the shipyards.