Double Sided Warning

Unknown: 20 BBY
Unknown
Unknown

It had been a while since she'd seen her friend. It was strange that she'd find her here, within these dreams. Or...maybe it was a vision. She couldn't tell for certain, yet. As she watched, her friend stepped out of a building and entered a magnificent garden.

A tall man was waiting for her there. They smiled at each other and began to dance. She recognized the man, but didn't know his name. There were thousands of others like him. Finally, they broke apart. The woman returned to the building and the man drifted into shadows.

The dream shifted around her and she was standing within a ballroom of sorts. Dozens of people twirled around. Some were familiar and others weren't. She saw her friend nearing a separate room. Two other women waited there. She followed them in.

The three women began to speak and pass around drinks. Someone said something and they all laughed. They drank, then, and carried on speaking. As she watched, two of the women ceased talking. Coughs erupted from them and a dark substance oozed from their mouths. She reached towards her friend, panic taking hold. They faded into darkness before she could call out.

Coruscant: 20 BBY
Senate Apartments
Riyo Chuchi

Riyo woke with a start and twisted beneath her sheets. Fox's arm tightened around her, although he remained asleep. She drew in a measured breath and let it out. She didn't know what had woken her.

She glanced around the room, but there was nothing out of place. Still, she couldn't shake the creeping sensation of being watched. Pale sunlight drifted through the windows into her bedroom. Someone would be by to check on her soon, unless she was up before they arrived.

Gently, Riyo slid out from beneath Fox's arm and headed towards her closet. Her gaze skimmed over the clothes. For a second, she stared at her ballgown. It was waiting to be worn that evening, at the Chancellor's Senate Ball. Already, the two weeks had gone by and the Ball was upon them.

Riyo had heard of nothing but the preparations since it had been announced. Some senators were complaining and others were excited. She wasn't sure how she felt about it, yet. She hoped it would be fun. Riyo selected an outfit and pulled it on quickly, then set to work brushing her hair.

Through the open door, she could see Fox. He made a small sound and rolled over. Riyo grinned to herself. In the days since the Festival of Light, she'd since very little of him. The only time they got together was when they managed to meet at the Senate Building or at night, when he made his way to her apartments.

Riyo stepped out of the closet and approached Fox. She kissed his forehead, gently. He cracked an eye open and groaned. "You'll want to be leaving soon," she whispered.

"I'll need to be leaving soon," he corrected. He covered his eyes with an arm.

"Go on before Clay comms you or Asha decides to self inspect my rooms," Riyo laughed. She swatted his arm and headed towards the door. She let it hiss shut behind her, before moving away from the bedroom.

Riyo entered the kitchen area shortly. Mairin was already there with some half prepared breakfast on the counter. Riyo joined her quickly and began to help. "Is he still here?" Mair asked.

"Yes, but he'll be leaving soon."

"Good. Asha was asleep the last I checked, but who knows for how long?"

"I'm surprised you're up early."

Mairin raised an eyebrow. "Well, we can't have two clones around here at the same time and Asha and I share a room. I lucked out."