Multiple Dilemmas

Outer Rim: 19 BBY
Republic Transport Shuttle
Commander Fox

Fox held his blasters at the ready. Clay and Silas crouched on the other side of the ship with a bag of explosives in between them. Baize had already returned to the cockpit and was quickly trying to bring their engines and hyperdrive online.

The ship jolted as they were pulled into the main hangar of the Separatist dreadnought. The lights dimmed, then flickered back on. Fox heard the unmistakable sound of droid feet coming closer. Clay slid a droid popper into his grasp. The ramp dropped open and he tossed the popper out. It emitted a low whine, followed by a blast of electricity. A cluster of droids went down. Fox opened fire as Silas threw another popper.

"Hurry up, Baize!" Fox called.

"I'm trying! This blasted hunk of junk won't do what it's supposed to!"

Fox pressed his back against the wall, letting a few stray blaster bolts fly past. He leaned over again and took down three droids with one shot. There weren't supposed to be Seppies in this sector! How did they know what was going on?

Clay tossed him a popper and Fox let it fly. Another section of droids collapsed. "Which system are we in?" He asked.

Silas yanked his helmet off and chucked it at a droid. The battle droid screamed and toppled into his comrades. Their blasters went off simultaneously, disabling a few more droids. "I don't know," he said through gritted teeth. "I did manage to scan this flagship before we were brought on board. It's Admiral Yur Loke's fleet. Their last known position was the Naboo System, reported by General Kirsi and Commander Axe of the 918th legion."

Kirsi...that's Irel Kirsi, Riyo's friend, Fox realized. "We must be near Naboo then?"

Silas ducked beneath a blast and threw a droid popper. "I don't think so. They were reported here a few months ago. After that, their location was unknown."

"Well, they want these two sleemos pretty badly."

"Hold your fire!" Someone ordered. Fox lowered his blaster as Yur Loke himself pushed in between the battle droids. Silas and Clay lowered theirs as well, although they kept a hold of their droid poppers. "Come out, Clone. I have some things to discuss with you."

"I already told you that these two are under Republic jurisdiction. We won't hand them over," Fox replied.

Yur Loke folded his hands behind his back. "Then it seems we have a problem. I've been ordered to take them alive, otherwise I would simply blow up your ship. I suppose I'll have to use the new toys Count Dooku sent me."

New toys? Fox narrowed his eyes. Silas looked skeptical as well. Yur Loke snapped a finger and another droid approached, carrying a box. The droid set the box down and opened it. Clay muttered something as dozens of probe killers scuttled across the floor towards them.

"Blast it!" Fox growled. He leaped to his feet as Silas threw a popper at the miniscule spider like droids. "Help me get the boarding ramp online and close it!" Clay pried a panel off the wall and quickly short circuited the ramp. It stayed down, but the emergency seal came online with a flash of blue. The droids tumbled into it, but could move no further.

"Baize, how's it going in there?" Silas called, glancing over his shoulder.

Baize waved a tool and kept working. "I've almost got it."

"Hurry up!"

Fox gasped and fell backwards as a sharp spike tore through the side of the ship. Muffled bangs came from below the floor panels. More of the spikes appeared and several buzz droids pattered over the viewport in the cockpit. The probe killers were still crawling around the boarding ramp. The lights flickered once more, then went out.