The Unknown

(Some dialogue and scenes from Star Wars The Clone Wars: Season 6 Episode 4: Orders, was used.)

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Republic Military Base
Commander Fox

    Fox pursed his lips and pulled up security footage from the incident with ARC trooper Fives. He'd had Clay recover the footage, merely to appease his own curiosity. He started the recording and watched.

    A hologram of the old warehouse appeared. General Skywalker and Captain Rex entered, looking around warily. A moment later, the General ignited his lightsaber and they proceeded to go farther.

    "Fives? Fives, we're here," General Skywalker said. "Come on out. We just want to talk to you."

    "General Skywalker, thank you. Thank you for trusting me. Now, have you come without troops?" Fives asked, hidden somewhere within the warehouse.

    "We have."

    "Put down your weapons, then!"

    "I don't think so, Fives."

    "Please, Sir! Please, I'm unarmed," Fives pleaded.

    General Skywalker nodded to Rex and deactivated his lightsaber. "All right," Rex said. "I'm putting my pistols down." He set them on a crate and rejoined the General.

    General Skywalker continued to look around. "What are we here for, Fives?"

    "I need your help," came the reply.

    "I know you do. We know you're not well. It's been rough for you, these past couple days."

    "I'm not crazy! Please, please just...just hear what I have to say."

    Fox sighed and sped through the recording. He paused it and began to play it at another segment. "I was framed because I know the truth!" Fives exclaimed. "The truth about a plot. A massive deception."

    "By whom?" Rex demanded.

    "Well, there's a sinister plot in the works against the Jedi. I have proof of it! I can prove that everything I know is true beyond a shadow of a doubt!"

    A plot against the Jedi? Fox knit his brows. But...they're the ones plotting against us.

    General Skywalker crossed his arms angrily. "Show me the evidence."

    "The evidence is in here." Fives pointed at his head. "It's...it's in here. It's in all of us. Every clone."

    "What is it?" Rex urged.

    "Organic chips built into our genetic code, to make us do whatever someone wants, even kill the Jedi. It's all in here!" Fives explained.

    General Skywalker and Rex exchanged unconvinced looks. "Let's just get you some help first," the General said. "Then we can review everything. It'll be ok, Fives. We'll sort this out."

    "You don't believe me!" Fives hollered.

    Rex shook his head. "Fives, we are listening to you. We only want to help."

    "How do I know you're not tricking me? How do I know it won't be a trap? The Chancellor will try to kill me! I promise you that!"

    "The Chancellor?" General Skywalker raised an eyebrow.

    "He's in on it! I don't know to what extent, but I know he orchestrated much of this. He told me in the medical bay."

    "He told you? When you tried to assassinate him? You've gone too far, Fives. The Chancellor isn't capable of what you claim."