The Order

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Coruscant Guard Barracks
Commander Fox

His vision was shrouded in darkness. Fox stumbled along blindly, trying to find something. He didn't know what. A laugh cackled through his ears.

"You cannot escape it," a familiar voice said. Fox couldn't remember the name or the face that went along with the voice.

"Yes, I can!" He increased his pace until he was running.

"No." Fox cried out as something knocked him off balance. He crashed onto the ground and flipped onto his back. A figure rose before him. He could see nothing more than the person's chin. Their mouth opened in a laugh as they raised two hands.

Bolts of lightning shot out of their fingertips. Fox convulsed as it coursed through him. He panted for breath when the electricity subsided. "Who...are you?"

"I warned you not to let yourself become the downfall of the Republic. You would have been wise to remember those words." Spasms wracked his body once more. Blue electricity spiked through the air around him, illuminating his tormentor.

Fox jerked awake in a cold sweat. His limbs ached as though the electricity in his dream had been real. He sat up and ran a hand through his hair. Clay muttered something in his sleep and rolled over. A second later, he cracked an eye open.

"Are you all right?" Clay's voice was slurred with drowsiness.

"Fine. Just a bad dream," Fox replied. He jumped out of bed and pulled his armor on. Baize was still snoring soundly.

"Why didn't you go to Riyo's?"

Fox held a finger to his lips and jerked his head towards Baize. "She said she wasn't feeling well and I figured I needed to stay here for a few nights anyway. I'm amazed Baize hasn't asked questions yet."

Clay yawned and rolled over. "I just tell him you take night shifts a lot. He thinks you're an insomniac."

The corner's of Fox's mouth twitched up a moment. He grabbed his helmet and holstered his blasters, after making sure they were set to stun. "I'm going to make my rounds at the Jedi Temple."

Clay remained silent for a moment, then sighed and stood up. "I'm coming." He pulled his silver hair from his face and quickly tugged his armor on. The two of them stepped into a hallway and started towards a landing pad. "Are you sure you're all right? You've been acting weird for the past few days. Riyo mentioned you had been acting just as weird when she saw you at the Senate Building."

Fox rubbed the back of his neck. "I feel fine. I'm not exactly sure what happened that day."

"That's what I mean. Don't you find it odd that you can't remember anything?"

"A little, but I suppose I was just tired and under a lot of stress. It's not uncommon for me to forget a few things when that happens."

Clay raised a skeptical brow. "Yes, a few things, but not an entire day's worth of things."

"I remember talking to Baize."

"I just think you should get checked out. There might be something going on."

Fox shook his head. They stepped out onto a landing pad and jumped into a speeder. Fox started up the engines and they were soon flying towards the Jedi Temple. "I'm not going to a medical center. There's nothing wrong with me."

Clay sighed and slid his helmet on. "All right. Suit yourself." They didn't speak the rest of the way to the Temple. Fox landed the speeder shortly and they started making their rounds.