Suspects Renamed

Some scenes and dialogue used from The Clone Wars Season 5: Episode 18

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Senate Apartments
Riyo Chuchi

    Later that evening, Riyo made her way down to Padmé's apartments. The Naboo guards let her in without hesitation. Padmé was waiting in the main room. "I believe I promised you a story?" She laughed as Riyo joined her.

    "That you did. How did you and Anakin wind up together?" Riyo asked.

    "Well, we met when I was still the Queen of Naboo. Our ship was damaged during our escape from the Trade Federation blockade. Were you in the Senate when that happened?"

    Riyo shook her head. "I was appointed Senator shortly afterwards. Before that, I only served on Pantora."

    "Ah. Well, Master Kenobi, then a padawan, and his master, Qui Gon Jinn, were assigned as my body guards. We met Anakin in a parts dealer's shop. He had a crush on me right away, from what he's said. I didn't return his feelings until the beginning of the war."

    Riyo knit her brows. "Aren't you older than Anakin?"

    "Yes, I'm five years older than him."

    "I see. Continue."

    "After the Queen asked me to serve as a senator, it became clear that a few people didn't like that. Nute Gunray hired a bounty hunter to kill me. He and another bounty hunter almost succeeded several times. The Jedi Council appointed Anakin as my bodyguard and we returned to Naboo. While we were there, we grew closer."

    Padmé smiled, almost wistfully. "While we were there, he began to have nightmares about his mother, so we went to Tatooine to find out what was happening. She died. We then had to go to Geonosis to rescue Obi Wan."

    "That's when the war began?" Riyo asked.

    Padmé nodded. "War was declared and Anakin and I returned to Naboo. We were married in secret."

    Riyo nodded slowly. "Well, that's not something you hear about everyday."

    "Definitely not. Now, are you going to tell me a secret story of your own?" Padmé elbowed her suggestively. "I know you must have someone."

    Riyo bit her lip. She did just tell me about her and Anakin, although I had already guessed it. She nodded. "All right. He's a clone."

    "A clone?" Padmé arched an eyebrow. "Don't tell me. I want to guess." She closed her eyes and knit her brows, thinking. "Commander Thorn?"

    Riyo shook her head. "I've never actually met him."

    "Commander Thire?"

    "I've only spoken with him a few times."

    "Is it someone in the Coruscant Guard?" Padmé asked. "Someone with a high rank?"

    Riyo nodded. "You've met him on several occasions."

    "Commander Stone?" Padmé guessed again. Riyo chucked and shook her head. "That just leaves Fox then." Riyo smiled and felt a hint of warmth touch her cheeks. "It's Fox!" Padmé laughed. "Really? I thought he was so serious and stiff."