Embarrassing Endeavors

Pantora: 20 BBY
Capital City
Commander Fox

"Hey, wake up!" Fox let out a groan as someone jumped onto the bed beside him. He cracked an eye open and gave Riyo a stern look. She smirked. "I'm visiting the Talz on Orto Plutonia today. Captain Tere said I can only go if you accompany me, though."

"I'm coming," he sighed. Riyo gave him a pleased nod, before leaving the room. Fox allowed himself a few more minutes of laying there, before he got up. He'd only ever slept in the barrack bunks. Compared to those, this bed was paradise. He pulled on his armor quickly and left to meet Riyo.

Five days had passed since they'd arrived on Pantora. He'd already seen most of the Capital City. They'd even managed to find Mairin and Jairo for a short time. Riyo had received a transmission from Chancellor Palpatine the day before. The new Senatorial Apartments had been purchased and were ready for them to return to as soon as they liked.

Clay and Archer had also been in contact, though for a different reason. General Windu was quickly closing in on whomever had bombed the old apartments. Fox had asked if he was needed, but his brothers told him they had it covered. Still, Fox couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty about remaining on Pantora for so long. He'd only intended to stay a day or two.

Riyo was waiting on the landing pad along with a protocol droid. As soon as he arrived, she stepped on board the small ship. The droid followed her in. Fox sealed the ramp behind himself and joined her in the cockpit. "Is no one else coming?" He raised an eyebrow and set his helmet down.

Riyo shook her head. "No one else wanted to come. Despite our peace with the Talz, most Pantorans are still afraid of them."

They lifted off and were soon soaring through the atmosphere. Orto Plutonia was close, not far enough to need lightspeed traveling. "Why?" Fox asked.

"We only recently discovered the presence of the Talz, when Chairman Cho was still in power. He believed the Talz had no right to the planet and wanted to drive them out," Riyo explained. "Jedi Masters Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and myself went to negotiate peace with the Talz, but Cho threatened the Talz and it backfired. There was fighting between them and the clones we'd brought with."

"I was forced to negotiate in Chairman Cho's place, when the Pantoran Assembly called his actions out of order and removed him from office. That was actually the first time I've ever done something of the sort." Fox glanced out the viewport, where the white, snow covered planet had appeared. "Now, we're at peace and have left Orto Plutonia to the Talz. I still visit occasionally, but no one else will."

"That's better than starting another fight."

"Yes, but I wish my people would be more friendly and show that we actually do respect the Talz, not fear them," Riyo sighed. They began to descend towards the planet's surface. Already, Fox could feel the cold temperature penetrating the ship.

They landed near a large stone cliff side. Several tall furry creatures wandered around outside of igloo shaped houses. Already, several of the creatures were approaching their ship. Riyo pulled a poncho over her fur lined outfit. She stepped outside. Fox pushed the droid out with her.

"This is Thi-Sen, Chief of the Talz," Riyo said, introducing the Talz waiting for them. Thi-Sen uttered a series of growls and clicks and waved a hand.

Fox fell in step with Riyo as they followed him into one of the igloo huts. A fire crackled in the center of it. Two more Talz approached, carrying bowls filled with some kind of soup. They offered one to Riyo, then one to him. He took it gratefully, letting the bowl warm his hands.